Do you know about the causes, treatment & home remedies of Acne? Acne is the inflammatory skin problem that can occur due to several factors such as excess production of sebum, keratin, bacterial attacks, etc. Acne is a problem which is common and almost everyone has to encounter this in his/her life. The only difference is that people having severe acne suffer from nodular acne also known as nodulocystic acne but some who have mild problem often get disturbed with blackheads, whiteheads, etc.
Nodular acne- In this type of Acne problem, spots develop in the bottom layer of the skin with large and hard lumps. These types of lumps are bigger and painful comparatively than lesions. This type of acne occurs on the chest, face and back. The acne must not be squeezed as it can lead to severe problem in the skin.
Recalcitrant nodular acne or cystic acne, sometimes also called nodulocystic acne, is a severe form of acne in which acne develops into small cysts. These acne cysts are in fact nodules of inflammation, and not true cysts as there are no abnormal dilation of normal skin structure. It is caused when sebum builds up in excessive amounts in the pores. Severe recalcitrant nodular acne does not respond to standard acne treatment, including oral antibiotics, and is characterized by a number of nodules or cysts. If proper nodular acne treatment is not given to these lesions, then they continue to flare up from time to time and trouble you.
Nodular Acne Causes:
All of us are aware that acne is caused as a result of blocking of skin pores. When excessive sebum is produced by the sebaceous glands present under the surface of the skin, the sebum is unable to travel across the length of the hair shaft and reach the surface of the skin. This excessive sebum gets trapped within the pore of the skin causing acne.
When the blocking of skin pores is in the deeper layers of the skin, rather than closer to the surface, nodular acne is formed. The other factors which can also cause nodular acne are bacteria buildup and shedding of dead skin cells that irritate the hair follicles in the skin. The hair follicles become plugged with dead skin and bacteria causing nodular acne. Click to read on acne prevention.
Home Remedies For Nodular Acne:
If you change your life style and take good care of your self and your diet then you can control your nodular acne. Some home remedies acne control advices are as follows:
- In your diet take maximum fruits and vegetables as they are very effective for acne prone skin. Nuts, seeds and fish should also be included in your diet. Avoid soda, caffeine, meat and dairy products. People think that there is no connection between food and acne but it is observed that many foods aggravates skin condition.
- Apply fresh mint juice all over the face every night after cleaning your face. Normally only one application is sufficient, but in case it is not as effective, you can also apply it again in the morning. Mint is anti-inflammatory and helps to reduce the swelling associated with severe acne.
- Do not over wash your acne effected area. Wash your effected area twice a day every day with mild soap and cleanser. Do not use harsh soaps as they tend to damage the skin and make the acne worse.
- 3 tablespoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder together. Apply the paste on the nodular acne before going to bed and wash with warm water in the morning.
- Do not use harsh chemicals based products on your effected area. Use comedogenic cosmetics if you have acne and oily skin.
- Drink plenty of water as it may keep your body from dehydration. since water can detoxify the body and good water intake ensures a healthy skin.
- Try stress releasing exercise as stress may aggravate your skin condition. Sleeping is the best stress relieving exercise, sleeping 8 hours a day is very important. You can also try yoga and other exercises.
- If you do exercise daily then wash your body immediately after exercise, do not leave sweat on your body for longer time periods.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar in the proportion 1 part vinegar to 3 parts of water. Apply the solution with a clean cotton on the affected area at night and rinse it next day in the morning.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder together. Apply the paste on the nodular acne before going to bed and wash with warm water in the morning.