During the winter time, the cold weather can irritate the skin causing breakouts to become worse. People having acne problem need to know how to ensure acne care during winter. There are cases where people have a normal clear skin yet have problems of acne in winter. How do you keep your skin healthy and acne-free during the winter months? Here are some tips from the acne experts.
The Best Winter Skin Care Tips for Acne
- Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated: This tip is good all year around, not only for the winter months. However, you might feel less thirsty in winter, so do not forget to drink your 7-10 glasses of water per day (at least).
- Keep Moisturized: It’s important to apply a good moisturizer at all types but especially during the winter months. This is because most acne treatments dry out the skin and cause it to become red, irritated, resulting in peeling and flaking skin.
- Although the verdict is still out if oily foods actually cause oily skin or acne breakouts, it is always good advice to make wise food choices and follow a balanced diet. The nutrients and vitamins found in fruits and vegetables will make your skin look better regardless of the acne.
- Change your cleanser. Your summertime cleanser will not cut it for the wintertime because of the changing weather conditions. Your best bet is a milder formulation with gentle foaming action and hypoallergenic ingredients.
- Remove those outer layers of dull, dry skin by exfoliating on a regular basis. Stay away from harsh, abrasive exfoliators, which could otherwise lead your skin to produce more oil and potentially aid acne breakouts.
During the winter, the harsh cold temperatures can do damage to your delicate skin. By applying the proper skin routine, you can help to keep your skin moisturized and looking great.