Since the skin is the largest organ on the body and it assists other major organs in the human body with eliminating waste, one of the best acne treatments for some people can simply be the choice of foods they eat. If you are unhealthy inside it will be reflected in your skin.
Acne occurs when the natural oils that the skin produces gets clogged in the pores of the skin. Normally, acne is prevalent in the onset of puberty when the body starts to produce hormones, it has also been known to be a problem for women during pregnancy. Since acne is a problem for people world wide, there are many forms of treatment, products and medications on the market.
Acne is caused by the combination of a high sebum production and pinched off sebum canals. If the pinching off of sebum canals is eliminated, you will get NO new pimples whatsoever. Most foods contain such substances that make the skin pinch off sebum canals. And if you have a high sebum production, this will lead to acne. Because most foods contain such acne-causing substances, it is very hard to tell what food exactly caused that new pimple you get.
Diet Tips To Cure Your Acne
- Vitamin A plays a huge role in determining the condition of your skin. Thus, dietary intake of vitamin A is compulsory for those who are suffering from any sort of skin issues, especially acne. Fish oils (especially cod liver oil), dairy products, carrots, mango, and vegetables that have retinol must be a part of your daily diet. Yams, apricots, cantaloupes and green leafy vegetables are rich sources of vitamin A. Include vitamin A in one of your meals everyday to see a substantial effect in a month’s time.
- While milk contains many healthy nutrients and its consumption is recommended to growing children, teenagers with acne problem should strictly limit their intake of the same. Quite surprisingly, it is not the fat content in milk that is responsible for the breakout of acne. Rather, there are certain hormones present in milk that can aggravate the acne problem. However, this doesn’t imply that you should stop drinking milk altogether. You just have to cut down on your intake and bring it to safer levels. In other words, make sure that you don’t drink more than one glass of milk in a day.
- Retinoic acid, a naturally occurring, acidic form of vitamin A, is a treatment shared by nutritionally oriented and “mainstream” health care professionals. Although helpful against mild to moderate acne, for some people it causes too much reddening and irritation.
- An effective acne free diet always consists of water, and lots of it! Drinking between 6-8 glasses per day can help clean the body of harmful toxins that would otherwise make their way on to your skin. They need a way to be released, and drinking plenty of water will help clean your body from the inside out. It is natural, pure, and easily attainable. Drink up for better and clearer skin!
- Azaleic acid is a naturally occurring compound available in most natural food stores which helps some people with acne. Some individuals are considerably helped, and some have very little help from it. As its relatively inexpensive, it’s at least worth a try.
- The more different colored fruits you have in your home the better your skin will look – if you eat them, of course! Stock up on oranges, bananas, strawberries, apples, cherries and whatever other fruits that you love to indulge in. Strawberries naturally contain alpha-hydroxy acid which helps to get rid of dead skin cells. Cherries are rich in Vitamin A, and can help you sleep at night. Eat a handful before bed so that your skin can heal itself while you get a good night’s sleep. Maintaining a diet rich in fruits can purify the body, resulting in optimal health and beautiful skin.
- Eat more fish. Not only it is generally good for your health, but Omega 3 fats found in fish are essential for healthy skin and acne prevention. Best sources of Omega 3 are salmon, cod and tuna. Alternatively, you can take fish fat as a supplement.
- A clear skin diet cannot be complete without green vegetables. Spinach is considered to be a super food because it contains so many vitamins, including vitamin K, to help heal the skin and fight off acne. Spinach also helps prevent cancer and heart disease. Broccoli is another vegetable that is a must in order to combat acne.
Getting the right diet is important while treating acne. Deficiency of any vitamin or mineral will aggravate the problem further. For acne prevention through diet, one needs to increase water intake too. Water flushes out the toxins and over a period of time makes your skin look radiant and youthful.