Adults have skin care problems as well. Like the experiences of teenagers the world over, it’s a combination of factors that cause sebaceous glands to fill with oil and lymph products, providing an environment for bacteria to flourish.
What Is Adult Acne?
Adult acne occurs when the pores become inflamed and cloged due to the production of sebum(oil) and bacteria.
There are many ways of treating it and we can’t single out a best adult acne treatment. Is better to see what works for you and stick with it until you see results. However, by making some simple changes to your daily skin care for adult acne regimen your chances of a clearer skin will be greatly improved.
What Causes Adult Acne?
While hormones tend to be the leading cause of acne problems in teenage kids, adult acne is a problem of a different sort. Common causes include stress, hormones, cosmetics and medications. These can all contribute to adult acne, which commonly occurs on the:
- T-zone (forehead, nose, chin)
Fortunately, when it comes to your skin problems, there are a wide variety of adult acne skin care products for you to choose from.
10 Effective Tips for Adult Acne Skin Care
- Make sure your hands stay away from the face. The hands are common carriers for bacteria & dirt which can easily be passed on to the face, thereby worsening adult acne problems.
- Always wash your face at least two times daily, once in the morning then again at night. This prevents buildup of oils and bacteria that can contribute to acne in adults.
- Always shower after a workout to prevent too much buildup of oil which can and will clog the pores of your skin. Clogged pores result in more severe adult acne skin care problems.
- Exercise regularly to combat acne from within. Exercise is known to reduce stress, increase circulation and improve oxygen penetration, which are all factors that can impact your skin and help to get rid of adult acne. It may seem strange that “exercise” could have any sort of effect on adult acne, but its 100% true. Try it and see!
- Treat your face regularly with a mask made of oatmeal. The simple mask just involves cooking oatmeal, cooling it and applying it on to the face liberally. It is then rinsed off (after about 20 minutes) and the face is then patted dried. Oatmeal has very good exfoliating properties which helps to remove acne and improve your skin’s overall look & feel.
- Do not pop, pick or squeeze any pimples or blemishes on your face. This action usually contributes to bacteria buildup as well as increases the possibility of scarring.
- Always keep a clean pillowcase on your pillows. If this means changing your pillowcases three times a week, this is what needs to be done to ensure you do not expose your skin to excessive amounts of bacteria, dust, dirt, and oils. Limit contact with these substances and your adult acne skin care problems will go away much faster.
- When heading off to bed, be sure to pull your hair away from the face as well as avoid going to bed with makeup on (if you’re a women). These two factors can contribute significantly to bacteria buildup and the clogging of pores.
- Try to get yourself on a more balanced and nutritious diet antioxidant rich food is IMPORTANT. This WILL contribute positively to the generation of newer, healthier skin cells.
- Drink a lot of water each and every day; several glasses (about 6-8 should be sufficient). Why is drinking water important? Because water helps to flush the system of toxins and bacteria that can cause acne. Plus, a constant intake of water is very beneficial to your skin cells, as it keeps them hydrated.
Getting rid of adult acne is fairly easy as long as you focus on ensuring that activities which cause bacteria buildup are avoided. Always ensure that your face remains clean throughout the course of the day and you won’t put yourself at unnecessary risk of getting acne and/or suffering the terrible after effects of the condition; such as acne scarring. These tips are more than sufficient for keeping any and all adult acne problems at bay; that being said, get to using them right now!