Almost everyone experience a period when they have problems with chin acne in their lives. Chin acne can be quite annoying and embarrassing. It can affect people’s lives and morale. However, it can always be prevented and treated. Even better, to cure acne you don’t have to spend a lot of money. You can make your own homemade acne treatment. Unlike most medications, homemade remedies do not have harmful side effects, and they are also inexpensive. Drinking eight glasses of water a day is always the first step to healthy body and skin.
Causes chin acne
There are several culprits for acne. This include stress, bad cosmetics, hormones and in women, birth control pills. Stress contributes to the overcompensation of oil glands. Bad cosmetics on the other hand, lead to bacteria-laden pores. Hormones cause the sebaceous glands to overact and birth control pills with androgen in them can cause breakouts.
Treatments chin acne
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda into two cups of warm water and apply the mixture to the affected parts of the face. Make sure to pay close attention to areas around the mouth and nose. This will help you soften the skin in those areas and reduce the size of the mouth acne.
- Take two cloves of garlic and lightly mash it so that the juice comes out. Gently rub the pulp on the pimple. This will clear up the skin and make the pimple disappear. Make sure that you rub the garlic several times a day. Another way is to eat three small cloves of raw garlic for a month. This will also help in getting rid of the pimple.
- Wash your chin, jawline and neck thoroughly several times a day. One of the primary reason acne develops is improper skin care. Oily skin must be washed regularly in order to reduce follicle blockage. One common problem with acne on the chin, jaw and neck is that it is usually easier to wash the cheeks and forehead, while the neck and the area under the chin is neglected.
- Blend a handful of coriander in a food processor and extract the juice. Take a teaspoon of the coriander juice and mix it with a pinch of turmeric powder. The coriander juice can also be replaced with mint juice. Before going to bed, wash the face thoroughly and apply the mixture on the chin pimple. Wash it in the morning.
- Use a face cleanser designed to fight acne. Washing your neck is a good first step toward fighting acne, but what you wash it with is also important. For those with mild acne and fairly clear skin, normal face soap might do the job.
- Dry some orange peel until they are brittle. Then, pound them to powder and make a paste with a little bit of water. Apply it on the chin pimple and allow it to dry. Apply the peel paste till the pimple disappears.
- A mixture of sandalwood and rosewater can also help you get rid of your mouth acne. By applying a thick paste of this mixture onto your face for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off with warm water, it can actually absorb excess oils from your face, thereby preventing your pores from getting clogged. This is also the best way of getting rid of those acne scars.
- Don’t irritate the skin around the pimple as it may cause more pimples. Those who shave should do so with care. If the pimple is ruptured, it can leave a scar mark behind.
- Consume at least 7 to 8 glasses of water daily as this can effectively reduce skin problems, like acne rosacea.
- The leaves of fenugreek can also act as pimple remedy. Grind the fenugreek leaves in a blender. Add a little bit of water and form a paste. Before going to bed at night, apply the paste on the chin pimple and wash it in the morning, using warm water.
- If you are breaking out and you feel it is due to too much oil or sebum secretion in your face, you may want to try a method to reduce the amount of oil present. Mud packs can help you unclog pores and get rid of dirt, pollutants and other skin irritants that might cause mouth acne. Apply a mud pack onto your face for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Chin acne is one of the most challenging acne problems, but sometimes there are simple solutions for chin acne.
- Sometimes using brands of toothpaste and mouthwash that are SLS-free can clear up acne fast.