Acne occurs when the pores in the skin becomes plugged with oil, dirt and dead skin cells. Bacteria then thrive on these plugs, causing irritation and inflammation. Hormones have a major role in the development of acne, and although the exact mechanism behind their powerful influence is unknown.
Acne is a disorder resulting from the action of hormones on the skin’s sebaceous glands, which leads to plugged pores and outbreaks of lesions commonly called pimples or zits. If you’re looking for ways to treat hormonal acne and improve the condition of your skin overall, I highly suggest that you check out these best ways to prevent hormonal acne.
The Most Effective Tips To Care Hormonal Acne
- Tea tree oil is a natural astringent and antibacterial, so you may want to consider products containing this. Some cosmetics, night creams and heavy moisturizers may actually block oil glands, worsening existing lesions and causing new ones.
- A good way to treat hormonal acne is to eat a clean diet. Cut out sugar, white flour, hydrogenated fats, etc. and start eating more whole foods. Your diet makes a huge difference in the condition of your skin so it’s definitely worth the effort!
- Exfoliate once or twice each week to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. Exfoliation is best done with a fine-grained exfoliant or exfoliating sponge. Reduce the frequency of exfoliation if your skin becomes red, sore or if your acne worsens.
- Calendula is an excellent remedy for all kind of skin inflammation and acne. It purifies the blood and heals the damaged skin. Drink three cups of calendula tea everyday.
- Replace your pillow cases often and always use clean towels to dry off your face. And always wash your hands before you touch your face!
- Consider a formula that provides the nutrients involved in the breakdown and elimination of estrogen such as magnesium, B complex, calcium d-glucarate, turmeric and green tea.
- Licorice is a powerful tonic which provides vital strength to the endocrine gland. It contains certain chemicals which help in maintaining the balance of the various hormones and prevent the flare-up of acne. Pound a piece of licorice root and simmer it in a glass of water for ten minutes after which strain the tea and drink thrice a day.
You might also want to take a look at our previous selections: