Acne and black heads usually appear on an oily skin or in teenage where body faces many hormonal changes, which reflect on the skin as acne and blackheads. Acnes are the most common skin problem, which affects everybody excepting few lucky people. In severe acne problem they can appear on the back, neck, shoulders and even on the arms.
Cause of Blackheads
Blackheads usually develop when the skin produces too much oil. One of the major factors that contribute to excess oil production is the onset of puberty. At the puberty stage, hormones become unregulated due to a by-product called dihydrotestosterone or DHT.
Improper cleaning of the skin is another common cause for the appearance of blackheads. When skin is not cleaned properly, dead skin cells accumulate within the pores. These dead cells then clog the pore opening which then results in oil build up (blackheads). There are many other causes that include excess makeup, sunscreen and especially nutrition.
Acne Home Remedies for Blackheads
- Wash your face twice a day in warm salty water. This should leave your face oil free without aggravating the acne.
- Take a cup of dried Orange peel, powder it in the dry-mill. Add half a cup of sandalwood powder and half a cup of gram flour. Store in a dry and air-tight container, and use as your scrub for blackheads on alternate days.
- Mix groundnut oil with an equal amtount of fresh lime juice and apply on face. leave for 10-15 minutes and wash. It may be applied daily to prevent formation of blackheads, acne and pimples.
- Tomato juice and lemon juice can both be used as astringents, to tighten pores and reduce oiliness. Lemon juice should be diluted with Rosewater and used fresh. Tomato juice on the other hand doesn’t require caution and should be applied with a cotton swab for about 10 minutes each day.
- Make a paste by mixing 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. Repeat for two weeks, pimples will disappear forever.
- Lemon juice, plus honey, gram flour and turmeric powder has been used for centuries to get rid of pimples in Southeast Asia. For best results make a paste of gram flour with a pinch of turmeric and sift them together. Add lemon juice and a drop of honey to make a paste.
- Mix corn flour with egg white and apply on your face. Let is dry completely for 1/2 hour. Dip your hands in warm water and massage your face and wash off. This when repeated regularly gives you a smooth skin.
- Drink two glasses of citrus fruit juice every day! The Vitamin C in these juices will help clear the skin faster and also improve the appearance of the skin.
- Mix mint juice with turmeric powder and apply on affected area. Leave for 15-30 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
- Nettle Tea is another solution, this tea has a herb that has some curing power and really helps work wonders on skin problems. Drink four cups a day to get the full benefit of one of the most powerful acne home remedies. Get nettle productsicon here.
- Mix together 1 or 2mls each of the following: witch hazel, tea-tree and sweet fennel essential oils, adding essential oil of geranium for women and essential oil of rosewood for men. Mix with 300mls of water. Shake before use, as the oils will float on top of the water during storage. Dab affected areas with cotton wool two or three times a day. The oils will clean and unclog giving antibiotic-like protection to the skin.
- Use an oatmeal or almond mask throughly to cleanse your face. Mix either oatmeal or almond powder with enough rose water to make a soft paste that spreads easily on the skin. Rub it on your skin with your fingertips, paying special attention the problem areas. Leave to dry for about 15 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. This is very good in getting rid of blackheads.
- Mix 1 tsp tomato juice, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp honey and add to the paste of half a cucumber. Throw in a Tbsp of Fuller’s earth or white clay to improve the consistency and results. Apply and leave on the face for 30 minutes. Wash with cool water. Do this at least twice a week to control acne and enhance your complexion.
- Blend cucumber and make a paste. Apply this as a mask on your face and leave it for 1/2 hour and then rinse. This refreshes your skin and prevents acne.
- Another lotion that uses bee propolis extract may also be effective. Mix eight ounces of water and 11 drops of bee propolis extract. One of the acne home remedies which has been proven effective with many people.
- Apply fresh mint juice over the face every night for the treatment of acne, pimples, insect stings, eczema, scabies, & other skin infections.
- Extract juice of one lemon and mix with equal quantity of rose water. Apply this mixture on the face and let it stay for about half an hour. Wash the face with fresh water. About 15 days application helps cure acne, pimples and reduces blemishes and scars.
- Aloe Vera juice applied twice a day can greatly speed up the healing of acne lesions.
- Mix some vinegar and salt in a bowl. Pour a little bit in your hand and rub it on the pimples. Soak a face towel in it and dab it on the bumps. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off.
- Take the peel of half a lemon and rub it for a minute on your skin, and rinse off. Do this at night.
- Apply a paste of ground seasame seeds with water as poultice for inflammation of the skin due to allergies, skin rashes, and pimples.