The unwanted marks and spots left by acne or pimples have now become such a common phenomena. There are many ways to get rid of these ugly spots and marks. But people who do not afford and who do not like to have any surgical treatment look for ways that do not have any side effects. While treating acne can be expensive, depending on the method you choose, acne scar treatments can be even more expensive and occasionally even discomforting or painful.
Nobody likes acne scars. They are constant reminders of how at one point in your life, you have failed to take good care of your skin. There are two Types of acne marks: mild and severe acne scars. The mild type is not yet permanent and can still be treated naturally. There are several effective home remedies for treating acne scars. The following are several acne marks home remedies that are widely used. These natural treatments have already been proven to be effective and safe, free from any serious or aggravating side effects.
How To Get Rid Of Acne Marks:
- Take the fresh juice of lemon and dip some cotton wool in it. Pat your face with the cotton and let it dry. Some people may find the lemon juice irritating. In that case, you can dilute it in some water or rose-water. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash your face with water after that. Do this at least four times a week and you will find considerable change.
- A natural way to get rid of acne marks would be to smear fruit pulp on the acne region and leave it for about 20 minutes. The fruit acid and collagen present in the pulp would help treat acne. Pulp of papaya, orange and pineapple are great for the purpose.
- Make a paste with some sandalwood powder and rose-water. Add 2-4 drops of lime juice to it. Apply this paste on your face and neck and let it dry completely. After that, rinse your face with cool water and wipe off the paste with cotton wool. Do this on a regular basis (twice a week),to get good results.
- A mixture of tea tree oil and almond oil is also found effective in treating acne scars. It unclogs the pores, thereby reducing the pigmentation associated with acne.
- Camphor powder, when mixed with coconut oil, is found effective in treating acne marks. Apply the paste on the acne scars and wait for a few minutes, before washing it off.
- Apply cucumber juice on your face with cotton wool. In summers, you can do this almost daily, as it helps cool off the skin and tightens the pores as well. Cucumber juice is very helpful is making your skin glow and make it feel fresh.
- A popular homemade remedy for removing acne marks is to make a paste of apple and honey. Make the apple paste first and then add 4-6 drops of honey. Apply this mask on your face. Wash off after 15 minutes. This will tighten pores and make your complexion light.
- Another effective way to get rid of acne marks would be to use baking soda. Take a small amount of baking soda and mix it with water, allowing it to foam. Now, rub it in the pigmented area in circular motions, before rinsing it off with water. The abrasive quality of baking soda helps in exfoliating pigmented cells.
For severe and deeper acne scars, there are unnatural and expensive procedure and treatments available. In eliminating acne marks, home remedies could truly be reliable and effective. They are also less expensive and are more conveniently accessed.