Acne is a very common diseased condition of the skin, where small pus forming areas appear on the superficial layer of the skin. Acne follicles are primarily inflammatory in origin. Our diets also affect all of our skin, Wood adds. Foods that spike your blood sugar levels can also push your body into making extra insulin.
Mostly adolescent people are affected by acne, but acne can occur in all age groups. Here are our top foods to cure acne, all used from experience and with success. If you suffer from acne, consider eating these foods and dumping the aforementioned ones.
The Most Healthy Foods To Care for Acne
- Avocado: This tasty green fruit, rich in vitamin E, can also increase your skin’s vitality, Wood says. Avocado is also a good source of vitamin C, which can reduce skin inflammation and naturally moisturize the skin.
- Sea food: Salmon, mackerel, tuna, Harding – all are rich in Selenium and Zinc. A diet rich in these foods also can help in successful cure of acne.
- Sweet potatoes lower blood sugar levels, stabilize your insulin secretion, and also contain tons of Vitamin A. If you eat one per day, you’ll even get a natural little glow that appears as if you have a tan! Sweet potatoes are also rich in B vitamins, which are great for the skin.
- Brown rice is a rich source of vitamin B, protein, magnesium, and several antioxidants, Wood says. For acne, vitamin B acts as our skin’s stress fighter, which will help regulate hormones levels and prevent the likelihood of breakouts.
- Vitamin A is a natural antioxidant. It helps in neutralizing free radicals from our body. Free radicals are formed each time any biochemical reaction takes place.
- Carrots are identical in their skin benefits with sweet potatoes. Carrots are such a powerhouse of nutrition. You don’t have to munch on them raw to get the benefits either. Carrots are loaded with Vitamin A, magnesium and fiber, along with Vitamin C, another great antioxidant for the skin.
- Broccoli is the perfect skin clearing food. It contains health building properties like vitamins A, B complex, C, E, and K. “These antioxidants fight radical damage which will assist with the luminosity of your skin.
Acne is an irritating disease that can occur in almost any person. I hope this list helps you!