Everyone faces the same problem when treating acne. When the healing takes place, acne redness develops. It is not a scar but a post-inflammatory change. It is difficult to hide the marks. This makes the acne marks more prominent even after healing. Depending on your body, the healing may take up to 12 months. If the lesions do not develop in the affected skin area, the red marks will disappear on its own. However, if the color does not change after a year, it may be a scar.
If you are patient, and the redness isn’t a issue, the red marks will disappear on its own. Depending on your body, the healing may take up to 12 months. Despite that, should a re-infection occur in the same area, or the skin is still discolored or defected after 1 year, then the area is considered to be permanently scarred. In the meantime, there are measure that you can take to temporarily get rid of acne redness.
Probably, you are also suffering from acne problem and are worried of these hyper-pigmented red scars. For the solution, may be you want to know how to get rid of redness from acne. It is troublesome that even after you are done away with acne, there are often red scars that left behind long afterward. There are several trusted ways to reduce the redness of these red scars and remove their significance. You can find these ways after doing small research. You can make them less noticeable with small efforts.
Home Remedies for Acne Redness:
- Apply toothpaste gel on your pimple before you sleep at night. It should bring down the swelling overnight.
- Ice Cube is another major way to get rid of acne redness. Apply the ice cube wrapped with a piece of cloth on the effected area for 10 minutes. It helps to make the redness less noticeable.
- Get some ice cubes from your freezer. Use a clean cloth to cover the ice cubes. Place it on the red marks for 10 minutes. It will make the redness of the blemish less noticeable.
- Garlic is easily available in any kitchen. Use of fresh garlic on the red areas in a regular interval, will prove to be a great help. It will help in removing the scars or redness.
- Mix a fresh lemon juice with equal quantity of rose water. Apply this mixture on your face. Leave it for 30 minutes. Then rinse your face with fresh water. The redness will reduce in about 15 days.
- Apply vitamin E gel or lotion on the red marks. Massage the vitamin E deeply on the marks. It will really help to heal skin cells and will remove red marks.
- Every kitchen should have a garlic. Rub a fresh garlic on the affected spot at regular intervals. This will to reduce redness and swelling.
- Rub few drops of lemon on the red marks of acne regularly. You can also use chamomile essential oil. Red marks will begin to fade away with the regular use of any of the two.
- Use any eye drop. It contains tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride which minimize acne redness. Apply on the affected area with a cotton swab.
- Try to use any toothpaste at home on the effected areas. It should be applied before going off to sleep at night. This will able to decrease swelling and redness overnight.
Acne Redness Products:
- If you want to minimize the redness immediately, try using Clean & Clear anti-blemish gel.
- You can lighten the color of the acne redness with skin lightening creams such as Meladerm cream.
- You can use natural antimicrobial peptides to reduce the swelling. They usually contain powerful substances that can kill the bacteria and microbes. They also prevent the formation of scar.
- Natural anti acne products such as Acnezine can help to reduce the red mark.
Getting rid of the acne redness does not always minimize the risk of scarring. For an effective remedy, you should use a natural treatment that not only reduce the red marks but also heal the damaged tissue and prevent pimples and zits from forming.