Acne is a common type of skin disorder most commonly observed among the teenagers as well as in the adults. Acne is usually caused by sebaceous glands, located at the base of the hair follicles, when they secret too much sebum. Taking herbal acne treatments can be an effective and better approach to cure acne. It’s a safe and easy way to reduce the inflammation associated with acne. There are several useful herbs that can be used to treat and prevent acne.
The Most Effective Herbs for Teenage Acne
- Try to drink lukewarm water with 2 teaspoons of honey every morning on an empty stomach. This effectively lubricates the intestines. If one does not evacuate the intestines regularly, the toxins either end up in the liver or come out in the skin.
- Tea Tree Oil: Said to be just as effective as peroxide in getting rid of acne and doesn’t include all the harmful chemical side effects. Tea Tree Oil can be found at most local drug stores.
- Using water melon is also a very effective remedy. Rub watermelon rind on the acne. Eat watermelon or drink watermelon juice.
- Aloe Gel: This herb is an anti-inflammatory, immune stimulant and a laxative. It contains antibacterial and astringent properties, so it helps keep the skin clean and healthy. It also contains many vitamins and minerals such as zinc. A deficiency in zinc may cause acne.
- Red Clover Tea despite of being one of the effective ways of natural herbal acne remedies, it does not have negative side effects. You need water and some red clover tea. Boil water and then add red clover tea to water. Leave it for 5 minutes to infuse. You can add some organic honey or lemon. Take it 4 – 5 times a day. Results will be after few days.
- Oregon grape root, an antibacterial herb, works by promoting digestion and liver function and thus enhances the excretion of hormones, toxins and bacteria.
- Dandelion is another herb for acne which stimulates the digestion and liver function and thus flushes out the toxins from the body.
- Milk Thistle: An extreme detoxification drink which removes the hormones that cause the inflammation of acne through natural means of excretion.
So this was my information for you about natural herbal remedies for acne. Please add any other effective ways if you know or tried any and your comments.