Our bodies go through a myriad of changes from the day we are born to our last day on Earth. Some changes are alarming and nerve wracking for us. One of the changes we all dread is hitting puberty. This is when we go through a lot of emotions. We never really understand our body anymore during this time and it can be very scary.
We all wish on skipping puberty, sadly this is just not possible. This is also the time when pimples or acne come out. Suffice it to say that 90% of adolescents suffer from pimples. There are also the very unfortunate who live with it through adulthood.
Home remedies for pimples abound, but the term must be clearly understood. An effective home remedy for anything can and should transcend the usual image of messy poultices whipped up from exotic vegetables in the kitchen blender.
There is no limit to inventiveness on this one: potatoes, basil, garlic, vinegar, lemon and lime juice and even toothpaste have all been tried. Various levels of success have also been claimed. Basically, anything that does not involve prescription medicine or surgery and can be safely utilized without medical supervision is considered a home remedy.
There are many solutions or remedies for pimples. Surprisingly, a lot of them can be found right in our very own kitchens. Yes, you heard that right. Items in the kitchen are often very effective in treating pimples. Most people even strongly recommend home remedies for peoples. Home remedies are natural ingredients which do not contain chemicals. Add to that the fact that they do not cost money because they are already present in the kitchen.
Causes and Symptoms of Pimples:
As already mentioned, overactive oil glands play an important role in causing Pimples. The oil glands tend to become overactive due to over stimulation caused by hormonal changes. The hormonal changes could be triggered by puberty.
Hormonal changes caused by menstrual cycles also contribute in the development of Pimple in women. Though, the problem tends to subside once the hormones settle down. Hereditary factors may also be held responsible for causing Pimples and Acne in some cases.
Medicines containing lithium, iodides, bromides, steroids etc have been associated with the worsening of Pimples. Repeatedly washing Pimple affected area may also aggravate the problem as skin tends to produce more oil in response to repeated washing and harsh scrubbing. Stress has also been associated, though indirectly, with frequent breakouts of Pimples.
Pimples are generally characterized by red or yellow colored inflammations on the skin. They are often filled with pus. When a pimple is squeezed, the pus spreads on the surrounding area resulting in further infection. Moreover, the act of squeezing increases the probability of leaving behind scars even after the healing. These pus-filled pimples are less commonly known as pustules.
Home Remedies for Pimples:
- Mix the lemon juice with an egg white well, and then paste the mixture on the face. The mask would form after 30 minutes. Leave it on face for another 30 minutes before washing it off with water.
- Apply fresh aloe juice on the affected area with pimples. Fresh aloe juice can soften the skin and stop the pain and inflammation thus caused. In the severe cases of pimples, take aloe juice orally twice a day, 10ml. each time can help a lot on pimples. This home remedies for pimples has been applied and validated for millions of people.
- Mung bean can clear heat and toxics, which is the main causes of pimples in some group of people. First put on some lotion, and then lay a piece of tissue with breathable holes on the face. After that, then smear with mung bean power. Remove it after leaving it for enough time.
- As we know that watermelon can remove oils and improve the condition of oily face. So watermelon peel mask can be one of very good home remedies for pimples. First remove the all those watermelon flesh, and then apply the watermelon peel on face. Wash the residue off after 5-10 minutes.
- Mask of mint mixed with egg white is also good option of home remedies for pimples. It can improve the oil secretion and increase skin elasticity. First mix 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon of mint and 1 tablespoon of skimmed milk powder well, and then apply them on face about 15 minutes. After that, wash them off with warm water.
- As a home remedies for pimples, juice of pear and celery can be a very good secondary remedies for pimples. The solution includes 100g of celery, 1 tomato, 150g of pear and half a lemon. Put them all into blender and drink the juice, one time each day.
- Loquat can clear heat and transform phlegm. So loquat leaves are very effective on treatment for pimples and rosacea. Take 1000g of fresh loquat (removing the hair) and 8000 milliliters of water, and then boil them for 3 hours. After that, remove the residue and condense into paste. Finally blend the paste with appropriate honey for storage. Drink 10 grams to 15 grams each time, twice a day.