Pimples are most likely to occur on areas of the body such as the face, neck and back. However, the appearance of pimples on head is not unknown as the scalp too is very much part of the skin. Pimples are also commonly caused by something completely out of your control like dirt particles present in today’s polluted air.
Sometimes, these dirt particles will get trapped in the pores on your face and cause a blockage. Here are some helpful guidelines on how to clear pimples on head once and for all.
How to Get Rid of Head Pimples
Knowing how to get rid of scalp pimple fast is vital not only to your social life but to your general overall health as well.
- A paste of cinnamon and honey is effective in treating scalp pimples. This treatment may be continued for a couple of weeks.
- Wash your hair daily with a gentle shampoo. Harsh shampoos and conditioners actually worsen folliculitis and produce irritation to the scalp. An oil free shampoo is ideal for cleansing when suffering folliculitis.
- Apply benzoyl peroxide to your hairline. Benzoyl peroxide kills P. acnes, the bacteria that cause acne. It will help break down existing acne and prevent new flare-ups.
- The juice of raw papaya may also be used to reduce pain and itching caused by scalp pimples.
- Using the products especially designed for your type of hair is also advisable. Oily hair tends to cause scalp acne, so use a shampoo made for oily hair.
- Mint juice may be added to turmeric powder and applied to the affected areas.
- Clean brushes and combs after each use. Keeping these clean will prevent redistribution of bacteria so that your scalp can heal.
- Apply an alpha hydroxy acid gel or cream directly to the lesions only on your hairline, including the back of your neck just below your skull.
Scalp pimples is going to be removed very easily with some effort. All you need to do is to put in appropriate endeavor in applying medication and keeping your scalp dirt free.