The action of hormones on the sebaceous glands on the skin can result in clogged pores. And the clogged pores are the chief reason behind acne. Acne is an extremely common skin disorder and it can affect you at any stage of your life. Acne outbreaks can hamper your social life to a great extent and therefore it is extremely important for you to know about acne treatment. There are several treatments available for acne and it is entirely up to you to decide whether you want to use the commercial anti – acne products or opt for medical treatment.
There are several ways of treating acne at home; the ones that are mentioned below are easily prepared and always available. Why not open the fridge and see what you can find in the vegetable compartment, chances are big, that you will find the ingredients needed for an effective natural remedy for acne.
- Aloe Vera that is taken internally is effective in treating acne. Its juice can also be applied on skin areas that have acne.
- Rose water mixed with sandalwood paste can also be applied on the face for 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
- The paste from blended cucumber can be applied on the face and be left for about 30 minutes before rinsing. This serves as good refreshment for the skin, as well as an effective acne prevention cream.
- Fresh garlic can be rubbed on the affected areas. Though this remedy can be pretty smelly, it has a very effective antiseptic property that will dry out acne.
- Cumin seeds are also an effective treatment for acne. Paste produced from these seeds may be applied on the skin for about one hour before rinsing it off.
- Paste made from water and powdered Neem leaves can also be applied on the affected skin as an acne treatment.
- Lavender oil can also be directly applied to skin areas with acne.
- Paste made from the mixture of vinegar and ground seeds of black cumin can also be applied to the skin to treat acne.
- Paste from the mixture of little water and ground orange peel can be applied on affected skin areas.
- Cooked oatmeal can also be applied on the skin for about 15 minutes. Then wash off.
- The mixture of avocado paste and water can be a good facial wash.
- A warm bath with rosemary and blanch of nettle can also help in the reduction of acne.
- Egg white can also be an effective acne remedy when applied on the acne for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Ground bay leaves that are blanched in water and are cooled afterwards can also be applied on the skin with acne.
- You can blend the following fruit and vegetable: Peeled apple, half serving of cucumber, 1 tablespoon of yogurt and honey. The end-product can be applied on the skin for about 20 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water. This will reduce acne scars.
- Rose water and lime juice make for very effective natural treatment. Mix equal proportion of rose water and lime juice. Apply it on the face every night after cleaning your face. Keep the mixture for half an hour and then wash it off. Dry your face with a towel.
- Mint juice and turmeric powder mix is a widely used treatment. Make a paste of mint juice and turmeric powder. Apply it on your face but make sure you do not keep it for more than 30 minutes. Wash off the paste with lukewarm water.
- You can use a paste of cinnamon powder and honey for acne. Apply the paste on your face before going to bed at night. Wash off the paste the first thing next morning. This paste is extremely effectively in getting rid of the acne.
A Few Suggestions
You need to understand that natural acne treatment does not only mean applying pastes that aid in removing the acne and the zits. You need to follow certain steps:
- Try to keep your skin oil free.
- Remove the blackheads regularly.
- Avoid fatty and fast foods. Stay away from chocolates as much as you can.
- Opt for a balanced diet with lots of fruits, vegetables and natural juices.
- Include Vitamin C and Vitamin E in your diet. They improve the health of the skin.
- Mineral zinc is beneficial in treating acne.
Keep in mind these few tips and the treatment will become extremely easy.