Acne is a skin condition that develops when sebaceous glands and hair follicles join together and secrete an oily substance known as sebum. Cystic acne is probably the worst kind of acne, also called pimples, spots or zits. This type of acne is often extremely painful and causes significant emotional distress in affected individuals. Though any type of acne is irritating and potentially embarrassing, cystic acne can be downright debilitating.
Cystic acne affects the skin tissue lying deeper and they generally occur in adolescent teenage people who undergo major hormonal changes. If you suffer from cystic acne then you will already know exactly what it is and just how painful a condition it is, so we won’t bother to bore you with those details. You are not alone, and fortunately getting acne clear skin comes down to simple principles that if you follow, can make a world of difference.
The Most Effective Natural Acne Cyst Care Tips
- Baking Soda to Get Rid of Cystic Acne: Baking soda is one of the best remedies for cystic acne. It works by pulling out the excessive oil from the pores as well as exfoliating the skin to get rid of dead skin cells. Most importantly, baking soda also fights off bacteria to relieve you from infection. When you apply baking soda to your skin, you will feel as if it is drawing out something from there. It will also tighten your pores and make your skin feel smoother.
- Apple cider vinegar: Considered a “natural acne cure,” apple cider vinegar has natural antibiotic properties that kill off acne-causing bacteria. It also helps you balance the skin’s pH level, which can be particularly important after cleansing. Mix one part natural, organic apple cider vinegar with two parts distilled water to create your own natural toner, and apply after every washing. For a cool, refreshing mist, store in the refrigerator.
- Honey Mask: Honey helps in killing and reducing the skin bacteria that cause acne. Apply raw honey on clean face with your fingers and massage for a few minutes. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Banana Peel: Banana peel is a good antioxidant that helps boost cell growth. After having a banana (which is good for you, especially if you suffer from constipation), rub the peel on your face in a circular motion. Leave it on, for half an hour and then wash your face.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a vital nutrient involved in necessary growth and development. The vitamin is also an active antioxidant that functions to remove toxins and buildup from the skin and body. Vitamin C also functions to repair damaged cells and heal wounds while minimizing the appearance of scars.
- Honey Mask: Honey has antiseptic qualities and heals scars like a boss. It also cures acne-related bacteria and can heal wounds and scars from cystic acne. You’ll get bonus benefits if you’re using manuka honey, which is known to heal scars faster. Most OTC cystic acne treatments can dry out your skin and even the natural remedies can be somewhat drying, so this is going to restore your skin’s moisture without clogging your pores.
- Juniper Oil for Cystic Acne: Juniper essential oil, derived from the Juniper tree has effective astringent properties that help in making your skin firm and tight by working on skin pores. It also has disinfectant and anti-bacterial properties that help fight off bacteria causing cystic acne and other skin infections like eczema. Its astringent properties are very strong and thus juniper oil should be used in very small quantities diluted with carrier oil.
- Neem is an antibacterial herb that comes from the fruit of the neem tree. It not only helps to kill the bacteria that cause acne, but it also reduces the associated redness. This herb helps control oily skin, as well.
- Alum: Alum acts as an antiseptic and prevents cystic acne and black heads from forming. Gently rub a piece of alum on the skin infected with acne. Rinse after a few minutes with cold water and pat it dry.
- Tea Tree Oil Mask: Tea tree oil is very effective for acne prone skin and has no side-effects. To make a mask, add a few drops of tea tree oil to yogurt and apply on the face. Keep it for 30 minutes, and then rinse with warm water.
There are more home remedies for acne that work incredibly well. There are also some very important do’s and don’ts that you must follow if you want to cure your cystic acne for good.