Acne is a term used for clogged pores, pimples, and sometimes deeper lumps (referred to as cysts or nodules). Most of these result on the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders and upper arms. While acne is usually relegated to the teenage population, adults of any age can get acne. Acne is not life threatening, but can cause permanent scarring and emotional distress if not treated properly.
Acne is not just a problem for teenagers, it can affect people from ages 10 through 40. It is not unusual for women, in particular, to develop acne in their mid-to-late 20’s, even if they have not had breakouts in years (or ever). Acne happens when oil (sebaceous) glands come to life around puberty stimulated by male hormones from the adrenal glands of both boys and girls. Oil is a natural substance which lubricates and protects the skin, and under certain circumstances, cells that are close to the surface block the openings of sebaceous glands and cause a buildup of oil underneath. This oil stimulates bacteria, (which live in everyone’s skin and generally cause no problems), to multiply and cause surrounding tissues to become inflamed. There are many myths about what causes acne.
- Cucumber juice mixed with lemon juice applied on the pimples helps to get relief from acne and acne scars.
- Apply toothpaste on the pimples at nighttime just before bed and wash off in the morning. Do several times until acne is gone. This is one of the popular acne home remedies.
- Add lemon juice and rose water in equal quantities and apply this mixture on the affected area for about half an hour. Regularly following this remdial procedure for about three to four weeks is one of the most popular natural home remedies for Pimples.
- For women, you should always remove all your makeup at night, wash your face completely and try to get all the make up off. You could also use special makeup made of sensitive skin that doesn’t use oil as a base. Place strawberry leaves on the acne, the alkalinity helps to reduce the swelling.
- Mint juice applied on the face also helps to get relief from acne and acne scars.
- Lemon juice can also be applied in combination with an equal amount of groundnut oil to prevent as well as cure this embarrassing problem.
- Similarly, lemon juice can also be added to sandalwood powder and the application of the resultant paste can help reduce Pimples to a great extent.
- Powdered dry orange skin applied as a paste or orange skin rubbed on the face helps to remove acne scars.
- Take some fenugreek leaves, crush them and add sufficient water, just enough to make a paste. Apply this paste on the face over night and wash it off with warm water in the morning as an effective natural remedy for natural Pimple removal.
- Water boiled with neem leaves used for taking steam helps in reducing acne and acne Scars.
- Gram Flour mixed with butter milk applied on the face reduces acne and acne scars.
- A facial mask consisting of grated apple and honey serves as an effective home treatment for Pimples and Acne.
- Regularly applying the pulp of ripe tomatoes on the face for about an hour or so helps in the effective treatment of Pimples.
- Raw Papaya paste applied on the face helps to cure acne.
- Aloe vera is a best medicine for pimples or acne. Aloe vers leaf rubbed on the face removes acne and acne scars.
- Washing face with tender coconut water is a good remedy to overcome acne scars.