Pimples are undoubtedly, one of the scary part of adolescence. Many teenagers and even adults lose their sleep over these skin lesions on the face. If you’re dealing with a freshly popped pimple, you’ll probably notice swelling in the area. Swelling occurs whenever tissues become inflamed. Your face will not be as ugly as you perceived to be. You should focus on reducing the swelling of your acne so that it will not getting bigger every day. It’s horrible isn’t it… well, here are a few steps you can take to reduce the swelling and redness and also protect yourself from future spots.
The Best Ways To Reduce Swelling of Pimples
- The best home remedy for decreasing the swelling of pimples is to apply some ice over the pimple for about three minutes, but it is important to never put pressure on the pimple with the ice pack, only to keep it on the surface of the skin lightly. This needs to be repeated two to three times every hour.
- Strawberry leaves contain salicylic acid that can be helpful to reduce your swelling and inflammation. If you crush some strawberry leaves and apply the pulp to your acne area, you will have fewer breakouts in a few days. The pulp of strawberry leaves is very effective to fix your acne problem. So, you should use it regularly.
- A clay mask may work wonders. A bit of clay mask on a pimple can effectively draw the puss out and helps in drying the pimple. Keep it overnight for best results.
- Press the wrapped ice cube against the site of the popped pimple for 30 to 45 seconds. Apply light pressure to encourage fluid to drain from swollen tissues. Remove the ice before the 30-second mark if you feel uncomfortable.
- Use an ice cube. Use an ice cube which has been out of the freezer for a good few minutes, hold it over the pimple to reduce the swelling.
- Dab a bit of toothpaste, not the gel kind, on the pimple at night before bed. It will help dry out the blemish, also making it smaller.
- Lemon water can instantly reduce your acne breakouts from inside. It can clear the toxins and wastes on your body quickly and effectively. To use lemon water, prepare a glass of warm water and add lemon extract to it. Stir the water sufficiently. Drink the lemon water in the morning and evening and see the difference in your skin.
- Take an anti-inflammatory medication if you feel marked discomfort from the swelling. Drug stores sell naproxen sodium, acetaminophen and aspirin over the counter, but heed manufacturers’ directions if you take any medication.
- Drink plenty of water, and before long the pimple will begin to decrease in size and redness. You need to make sure you eat healthy to speed up the skins healing.
- Neem tree extracts and Australian tea tree oil are also found to be effective in combating pimples. They are effective in killing the bacteria on the surface of the skin and prevent further infection.
It is also possible that, while, some home remedies work wonders for some people, there may not be any difference for others. So, find out the one which is best suited for you. Here, I put the some most important suggestions please follow them. Don’t touch your skin during the day, as this will irritate it. Do not over dry, or over moisturize, you need to have a normal balance.