How to get rid of acne? This is a very common question among teens and adults suffering from acne scars and marks. Acne is a common issue among a lot of people and to get rid of acne one must know the causes of acne break outs.
Causes of Acne
- Hormonal changes ? Increased production of hormone called androgen results in excessive oil produced by sebaceous gland. This is one reason acne is seen in boys and girls during teenage.
- Stress and Anxiety ? Stress and anxiety can result in hormonal changes in the body which in turn can trigger the sebaceous glands to produce more oil and hence more acne.
- Medication ? Some medicines and drugs like lithium and bromides have shown signs of stimulating acne formation. Medicines having these elements should be avoided to prevent acne.
- Birth Control Pills – Beginning to take or stopping birth control pills may cause acne.
- Food ? It has been noticed that your diet has direct impact on your acne. Oily and greasy food results in more acne breakouts. Similarly sugary drinks and sugary foods also aggravate the acne problem
- Hereditary ? If your parents had acne it is quite likely that you may also have acne.
- Poor Skin Handling ? If your skin is washed too very often or if your skin is subjected to harsh soap or cleanser, this can result in pimples and acne. Squeezing, picking and scrubbing the pimples can also cause more acne.
- Environmental factors ? Climate, humidity and sun can have an adverse impact on your skin thus increasing the chances of acne.
- Clothes ? Clothes that do not allow proper airflow to the skin can cause acne. Similarly tight clothes and protective gear like hats, helmet etc can cause acne due to friction with the skin.
- Makeup ? Oily makeup can result in clogging of the pores and hence more acne.
Acne Treatment Home
There are several ways of treating acne at home; the ones that are mentioned below are easily prepared and always available. Why not open the fridge and see what you can find in the vegetable compartment, chances are big, that you will find the ingredients needed for an effective natural remedy for acne.
Fruit and Well Balanced Diet
Eating fresh juicy fruits apples, pears, grapes, peaches, and pineapples and peaches combined with healthy vegetables can eliminate the possibility of developing acne.
Fenugreek Paste Treatment
Aside from using its seed to make curry powder, fenugreek, through its leaves, can be a useful treatment for acne. Making a paste out of its leaves, you can produce a facemask that can be applied at night to prevent pimples and blackheads.
Contrary to common conception, the use of garlic is indeed one of the most effective ways to treat facial blemishes. By rubbing raw garlic on the affected area several times a day, it acts like an acne cleanser and you can achieve clearer skin in a short period of time.
Aside from being a good source of vitamin C, an orange peel has become a popular home remedy for curing acne. After pounding the peel with water on a piece of stone, the patient can apply the mixture on to the areas affected by acne.
The use of zinc in curing acne is becoming more popular in the field of nutrition and wellness nowadays. After showcasing impressive results in some acne cases, more and more people are now taking in zinc in therapeutic dosages of 50 mg one to three times daily. Try this daily for a month and then reduce the dose to 25 mg a day. Stop using it if you get undesirable side effects.
Coriander and Mint Juice
We’re not losing our minds here – some people have used this with success – another known effective home remedy for acne is the application of coriander juice, or mint and turmeric powder mixture on the face. Make sure that you cleanse your face thoroughly before applying it at night.
This is probably one of the simplest remedies you can do at home to cure your acne. By extracting the lemon fruit’s juice and applying it regularly on the skin, you can terminate persistence pimples that may cause acne.
one of the safest home remedies for acne is treatment through vitamins such as niacin, vitamin A, and Vitamin E. For effective results, the patient is advised to take at least 100 milligrams (mg) of niacin, 50,000 international units of vitamin A three times a day and 400 mg of vitamin E once daily for at least one month.
The Cucumber Remedy
Grated cucumber is considered as the best toner for the skin. By applying grated cucumber slices on the face, eyes, and neck for 15 to 20 minutes a day for a week or so, you can eliminate persistent blackhead and pimples.
- Rose water mixed with sandalwood paste can also be applied on the face for 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Fresh garlic can be rubbed on the affected areas. Though this remedy can be pretty smelly, it has a very effective antiseptic property that will dry out acne.
- Lavender oil can also be directly applied to skin areas with acne.
- Paste from the mixture of little water and ground orange peel can be applied on affected skin areas.
- Cumin seeds are also an effective treatment for acne. Paste produced from these seeds may be applied on the skin for about one hour before rinsing it off.
- Aloe Vera that is taken internally is effective in treating acne. Its juice can also be applied on skin areas that have acne.
- Paste made from water and powdered Neem leaves can also be applied on the affected skin as an acne treatment.
- Cooked oatmeal can also be applied on the skin for about 15 minutes. Then wash off.
- The paste from blended cucumber can be applied on the face and be left for about 30 minutes before rinsing. This serves as good refreshment for the skin, as well as an effective acne prevention cream.
- Paste made from the mixture of vinegar and ground seeds of black cumin can also be applied to the skin to treat acne.