Summer starts today! The nice weather outside means more time spent outdoors, which means a lot more sweat, bacteria and dirt on your skin. While acne can be a big problem all year round, sometimes summer can make things a lot worse. For some people, summer is a tough time for skin. For other people, acne and blackheads disappear without a trace.
There are many factors that can contribute to acne breakouts: sweat, outdoor pollutants, dirt and dust. Keep acne under control this summer with these simple solutions to common acne issues: Let’s take a look at what you can do to treat your acne during these seasons.
The Best Summer Acne Care Tips
- Always use a good sunscreen to avoid solar damage. SPF 15 or 30 are the best choices for your face. Make sure that you choose an oil-free sunscreen.
- Get a pair of loofah gloves and lather them up in the shower. Use these gloves to wash every square inch of skin while scrubbing particularly hard in problem areas such as shoulders, upper arms, chest, neck, behind ears and lower back. Use an exfoliation scrub on face since loofah gloves are too rough to use on facial skin.
- If you happen to get a sunburn, relying on natural, homemade remedies can be a good choice as it might help you avoid potentially comedogenic ingredients. Aloe vera, tea bags or apple cider vinegar are a few natural options you can try.
- To control oil production you should use a product containing salicylic acid. Shower to remove sweat from your face and body.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. This will help keep your body and skin hydrated.
- A great way to keep your skin vibrant and reactive to good care is to switch facial products periodically. A great time to make this switch is at the beginning of summer.
- Regular exfoliation with a face scrub can help remove dead skin cells and lessen red marks on the skin.