Common acne is a skin condition characterized by what are often called pimples or zits. It can occur anywhere on the body and at any age, though it typically affects teenagers on the face and back. Some factors, such as being in puberty, can’t be altered, but you can take steps to avoid and prevent acne. Keep yourself healthy and presentable by removing factors that contribute to acne.
It is better to prevent acne than try to cure it. All you need to do is follow some easy steps everyday and you will be able to avoid acne. Acne is a common type of rash that appears mainly on your face. It usually occurs in adolescents. With the help of certain self-care steps you can find out how to avoid acne.
If you are regular about looking after your skin then you will also be able to prevent the appearance of new acne. Therefore, you should wash your face with a gentle and soap-free face wash after you wake up in the morning. This is your first step towards healthy skin care.
How to Avoid Acne:
- Eat a balanced diet. This is one of the easiest ways to avoid acne breakouts. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, and avoid oily foods. If you notice acne breakouts occurring after eating certain foods, avoid those foods, and replace it with something else.
- Unless you are washing your face, try to avoid touching it. Your fingers contain oil, and our hands are very susceptible to bacteria, which is why we wash them often. Keeping your hands off your face is a great way to avoid acne.
- Use natural cosmetics. The hypo-alergenic cosmetics offer another way to avoid acne. However, if possible, don’t use any cosmetics or lotions at all. This serves to keep your skin as clean as possible at all times. If you do use cosmetics, make sure that you completely remove all of the makeup and wash your face well before going to sleep.
- Keep your hair off your face. Hair has natural oils in it, even if it doesn’t appear to be oily. When that oil comes into contact with your skin, it can cause an acne breakout. Keep your hair cut short around your face, or use barrets or other accessories to hold it off your face. Many people don’t realize that this is a way to avoid acne.
- Keep your face clean. Make it a habit to wash your face at least three times a day. This is an excellent way to avoid acne. Do not scrub hard, as this will only irritate your skin. Gently wash your face well with a mild cleanser, then pat it dry don’t rub.
- Exercise is another way to avoid acne. When we exercise our brains produce chemicals that our bodies need. We also sweat, which helps to detoxify the body. Just make sure that you shower after exercising – don’t just wipe away the sweat shower to wash away excess sweat that you cannot wipe away.
- If you wear glasses, another way to avoid acne is to remove your glasses, and clean the parts of the glasses that touch your skin daily. Also, when you wash your face, pay extra attention to the area of your face where your glasses touch your skin.
- Drink plenty of water. Water is a great way to avoid acne, because it helps to detoxify your body, removing all the bacteria and waste that your body does not need. Acne begins on the inside of the body – not on the surface of the skin, and therefore, it should be treated, and prevented, from the inside, out.
- Don’t pop or squeeze the pimples. This will only serve to spread the bacteria that causes acne to other areas of the skin, and it will also leave acne scars. Avoiding popping the pimples is one of the best ways to avoid acne breakouts in the future.
- Stay out of the sun. Sunshine causes us to produce extra sebum, which is a natural oil that is produced by the skin glands. Excess sebum causes acne, so avoiding the sun is a way to avoid acne. Furthermore, certain acne medications make us more sensitive to the sun, and more susceptible to skin cancers.
- Never make any drastic changes in your diet or skin routine without first consulting a medical professional; certain hormones can cause unexpected break outs!
- Anything beyond very gentle cleansing can actually worsen existing lesions and even encourage new ones by damaging or over drying skin.
- You should only scrub your face if you have no existing pimples. Scrub lightly; avoid scrubbing too much or with too much pressure.
- Benzoyl peroxide can have a bleaching effect on clothes and hair. It may also increases sensitivity to the sun, so you might find that you burn faster!
- Hydrating creams and lotions clog pores.