Argan oil is the latest beauty fad, and is popping up in all kinds of products from moisturizer to shampoo. But you can also use the pure oil for a number of different beauty purposes. The argan oil producers would take the droppings of the goats, which had the seed completely undigested, and use that to produce the argan oil.
It’s not just for the rich and famous, though – anyone can reap the argan oil benefits for their body. Although pure argan oil has a host of benefits for your skin, sorting through the sales jargon from various products to find the right oil can be a tedious job. Below are a few key tips for selecting the right type of argan oil, and how you can make the most of it for your body.
The Best Beauty Benefits of Argan Oil
- Argan oil is a great product to calm frizzy ends, add moisture to dry hair as well as add a little shine. Apply to your hair while it is still damp for an all over treatment or apply just to your dry ends after your hair is dry.
- Argan oil is most commonly used as a skin moisturizer to hydrate and soften skin. With its high vitamin E and fatty acid content, argan oil is the ideal product to give skin a natural boost. It absorbs easily and is non-greasy and non-irritating, which makes it a great natural moisturizer.
- Culinary Oil vs Cosmetic Oil: These two oils are not the same thing. Although culinary argan oil is very beneficial, you don’t want to apply it externally. Buy the cosmetic oil in the cosmetic section of your local organic market to be safe.
- Argan oil may be just the skin savior you need. It can be used as a moisturizer for face and body, and is ideal if you have a skin problem like eczema. Argan oil contains Vitamin E, which helps to heal the skin and give you relief from the irritation.
- You can use argan oil for a full body moisturizer, applying just as you would a body lotion or cream. Apply the oil right after you get out of your shower for best moisturizing results.
- Anti-Aging: Not only does argan oil act as an effective moisturizer, it can also give skin a youthful glow and reduce the visibility of wrinkles. Its anti-oxidant effect makes argan oil the ideal anti-aging product. It restores elasticity and leaves skin feeling plumper and softer.
- Your feet do a lot of work, so they deserve pampering every now and then. Most of us get hard skin on our feet, and argan oil can be used to treat this. It’s also good for massaging into your cuticles and for strengthening brittle nails. Make it a part of your daily beauty routine.
- Acne is often the result of oily skin. Since argan oil is non-greasy, it helps to balance skin by providing natural moisture. Argan oil also contains anti-oxidants which help to heal damaged skin cells and reduce inflammation.
- Argan oil is a great oil to use on your hands, especially on your cuticles and on your nails if they are prone to cracking and peeling.
- Argan oil increases the elasticity of skin due to its vitamin E content. Using a few drops of argan oil to rub into breasts, stomach, bottom and thighs during pregnancy will reduce the likelihood of developing unsightly stretch marks.
Good quality oil is not cheap, so avoid oils that appear to be too much of a bargain. What’s your favorite natural beauty product?