Now more than ever, skin is IN! Is yours at its absolute best? With these expert beauty tips, our pros have absolutely all of your skin concerns under control. When it comes to beauty, we all wish we had a direct line to the pros to learn the latest secrets of the trade. Here, are some of the most useful tips we heard – and the ones you can actually use!
The Best Beauty Tips from Beauty Experts
- Starbucks Blotters: If your skin is on the shiny side, stop by your local Starbucks, grab a handful of those brown napkins, and shove them in your purse. They work better than any blotting papers I’ve used and they’re free.
- You can make your own concealer in a pinch by mixing a bit of translucent powder into liquid foundation to thicken it. This also works well if you do not like heavy concealer.
- Replace Your Sponge: Most make up sponges are far too stiff to apply foundation well. A more malleable, squishable sponge will help you get foundation onto every part of your face, even in the crevices. That leads to a much more even finish, and looks SO much better.
- Choose products that are fragrance-free: Fragrances can case allergic reactions and are often a coverup for phthalates, which can be linked to liver damage and birth defects. Avoid heavily scented products.
- Put a heavy layer of Vaseline around the eyes when flying, and keep the dark sunglasses on. This will keep eyes hydrated on long flights. Just remember to blend before landing.
- Warm Your Eyelash Curler: Run your eyelash curler under warm water (or blast it with your blow drier for a second) before using it for a considerably curlier result that lasts!
- Applying bright cream blush under tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation will give cheeks that beautiful, flushing, radiant-from-within look.
- We all know that fish is good for us – but do you eat enough? If you don’t, build fish oil into your beauty regime another way. Liquid or capsules are fine if taken regularly! They’ll relieve dryness, itching and inflammation, and turn scaly skin into something soft and supple. There’s even face masks that contain fish oil, for an added bonus.
- Go easy with the soap. It removes dirt and grease from the surface of your skin, but also strips away your body’s own natural skin oils. Choosing a milder soap may reduce skin dryness and your need for moisturizers to replace oils your skin can provide naturally.
- Mix your favorite body lotion with body oil (even a tiny bit of olive oil will work!) for an all over soft sheen. Mix a body bronzer with your favorite body lotion; it’s an easy, goof-proof way for a quick boost of color, especially when you are pressed for time!
I’ve totally loved trying out all of these beauty tips from beauty experts. If you’ve been swaying towards (or already living) a more chemical free lifestyle…what inspired you to make the change?? It would be interesting to hear!