Nail Care is important when it comes to personal grooming. Suppose a woman has applied makeup carefully and attired herself with most fashionable clothes, but has been careless about her nails. How do you think she would look like then? Won’t it be a bit shabby? It happens in our everyday life. Indeed it would be better if we give some more attention to nail care. Here are some essential tips on nail care which would definitely help you a lot.
Healthy Nails Tips
Healthy nails have a pink sheen reflecting from them. They are crystal clear and look pinkish because of the flow of blood in tissues underneath them. For nails to be healthy, you should eat healthy diet which includes lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Diet should contain all the required vitamins and minerals. Silicon rich food like broccoli, onions and fish are great for nails. Take biotin rich foods like whole grains, banana for the health of nails. Zinc and vitamin B are must for the health of nails. For strong nails, you need calcium and phosphorous. You can get it by milk, curd, cheese or fresh carrot juice. Besides it, drinking plenty of water and other fluids are good for keeping nails hydrated and flushing out the toxins.
- Take the time to cultivate your nails.
- You should stop biting the nails.
- You should use a nail hardener to protect them from splitting and peeling.
- Vitamin E supplements keep the s growing long and strong.
- You should slim the look of wide nail bases with an oval shape.
- Pastels and neutrals go the distance on longer and round nails.
- Dark shade of nail polish looks best on short, squared nails.
- Narrow nail beds appear stronger with a soft square shape.
- You should create a lighter side of bold add drops of a dark, rich cream to a bottle of clear polish and shake.
- Storing polish in a warm place may change its consistency. Keep nail shades in the refrigerator or a bathroom cabinet.
- Be sure the enamel is thin enough to flow evenly and smoothly. If enamel is too thick you should add 2 or 3 drops of thinner, hours before using it.
- Make sure that you clean the tops of bottles and replace the caps tightly after the application is completed.
- You should avoid applying nail enamel under a fan.
- You should apply 3 coats of frosted nail enamel and 2 coats of matte nail enamel for a perfect finish.
- Short broad nails will look more slender if you leave a narrow line at each side of the nail, unpolished.
- While choosing the length, you should keep in mind that artificial nail “grows” as your natural nail does. So if you plan on getting a fill every 2-3 weeks, your nails will become quite long in the meantime. So it is suggested that you go for a slightly shorter length than desired.
- You should not use Acetone nail polish remover because this will eat your nails. So always use non-acetone instead.
- If nails begin to lift, have them fixed immediately. Lifted nails are highly susceptible to fungus growth if not taken care right away.
- You should not cut the cuticles or push them back. Doing so will only inflame the nail fold, causing it to crack and weaken the nail.
- You should not use any hard instrument to clean under the nail. But use soap and a nailbrush for it.
- You should apply a moisturizer to your nails every night to reduce evaporation of water.
- A weekly manicure can do wonders for your nails and cuticles. So go and have it professionally done or you can also do it yourself at home by following these guidelines?
- Pushing the cuticles back can stimulate new growth.
- Do not file from side to side because this can weaken the stress points of the nail’s free edge. Be sure to go from corner to center in one direction.
Diet Facts Concerning Health of Nails
Nails become dry and brittle due to deficiency of vitamin A and calcium. There is appearance of hangnails due to lack of protein, folic acid and vitamin C. Deficiency of vitamin B12 causes dry and darkened nails. White spots appear on nails due to lack of zinc. Appearance of red skin around cuticles indicates lack of proper metabolism of essential fatty acids. If you have chipped and cracked nails, you are lacking proper hydration in body.
To maintain healthy nails, it does not take much of your time. You just need to have proper diet as told above, keep them moisturized and protect them from environmental and mechanical wear and tear.
Normal shaped nails are stronger than the long and pointed nails. It is essential to apply coats of nail hardening agents to prevent them from chipping and breaking. Most effective nail hardening agents are one which contains nylon fibers.
To keep the nails beautiful and protected you need to apply nail polish. But the more important nail care tip is not to apply it frequently as it gives yellow discoloration to the nails. So remove nail polish at once a week to let the nails breathe. You can apply coconut oil or castor oil on nails at night time once in 2-3 days, to keep them shining.