Summer, like winter, requires its own special beauty tricks. Everywhere you turn there are new tips coming out about how to look your best in the summer weather. We have compiled a list of some of the best hottest summer beauty tips that we found most helpful for the hottest season of the year.
I’m definitely going to be rocking most of these myself. Try out some of the summer beauty tips and tricks for 2014 and get the attention your inner diva craves.
The Most Effective Hottest Summer Beauty Tips
- Whenever you apply a cream or liquid product, make sure you set it with powder. I find this is true of my routine year-round but even more so during the warmer months. Keeping a pressed powder compact in your bag is an excellent way to freshen up your face after being outside, too.
- No need to wash your face in the evening and in the morning. Too much cleansing can strip skin of oils. A quick rinse in the morning should suffice.
- Red is great and classic, but what about orange? While it may not be everyone’s favorite of the summer beauty trends for 2014, it’s probably one of the boldest. Grab some bright or even dark orange lipstick for lips like the sun.
- Waterproof eyeliner, shadow, mascara, and undereye concealer help prevent eye makeup from running or smearing in the heat. Want extra insurance? Use color on the top lids only and dust translucent powder along your lower lash line, says Linter.
- Don’t over exfoliate as you might in winter. Exfoliating removes the top layers of skin making it extra susceptible to sun burn.
- Forget about perfect hair. Messy braids, up-dos and ponies are taking over. Basically, style your hair so it looks like you just got out of bed. For anyone who doesn’t have much time to spend on their hairstyle each day, this trend will make your life so much easier.
- Apply in layers for all-day wear. For occasions that you want to wear a full face of makeup, remember to layer. For face, wear a primer, followed by your foundation, and if it’s liquid/cream, set with powder. For lips, use a lip liner and apply lipstick with a brush (and top with gloss if desired). For eyes, do mascara last and allow foundation to fully set before applying.
- Wax, don’t shave, your bikini line. Shaving can bring on razor bumps and annoying red rashes, whereas waxing gets the hair off and keeps it off for much longer. It’s simply a more cleaner look for summer.
- Let your inner rebellious teenager out by embracing the heavy eyeliner trend. Grab your favorite black liner and use thick lines to give yourself a rocker style look. Now is the time to get bold with the liner. Try different thicknesses and corner styles to find your perfect look. It’s the perfect way to add a bit of attitude to your usual look.
- Stock up on Vitamin C, with citrus fruits or supplements. It is known to help slow down cell damage, keeping your skin less prone to pigmentation issues and wrinkles.
I hope you will like these useful beauty tips for hottest summer 2014. Feel free to share your summer beauty tips in the comments!