Dull skin comes with aging and can also be caused by the build up of dead skin cells and keratin. The build up of dead skin cells is caused by the rejuvenating process of the skin itself. The stress and exposure to harsh elements can take a toll on your skin. At the end of a tiring day, your face will eventually look dull and tired. Unfortunately, environmental pollution, day-to-day stress and a blase approach to your skin-care routine are likely culprits. It is important to take care of skin topically and internally on a continual basis if you want to achieve a lasting glow.
The Best Ways To Brighten Dull Skin
- Your first step is to clean out dead skin cells that clog your pores and make your skin look tired. Choose a pore-clarifying cleanser to use twice a day, and supplement with a gentle exfoliating product that you can use twice a week. The regular exfoliation will help your other products and treatments absorb better into your skin, making them more effective.
- Moisturize your skin adequately. Natural oils such as rosehip oil, avocado oil and jojoba oil contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that will benefit the skin. Oils will impart a healthy glow to your skin while providing nourishment and protection.
- Scrub-a-dub-dub: Every once in a while, give the skin on your face and body a gentle but thorough scrubbing. Slough off dead skin cells and dirt build-up with an exfoliate once a week. When you’re feeling indulgent, pamper yourself with a professional body scrub at the spa.
- Speaking of toning sprays, find a good facial toner that contains plenty of natural, skin-loving ingredients and give your face a spray whenever you remember to. This will help keep skin hydrated, plump and glowing.
- Aside from losing weight, exercise can help amp up your circulation, thereby helping your body function properly. Nutrients will be evenly distributed all over your system, which will help keep your body healthy and your skin glowing. Try doing exercises that you enjoy.
- Add essential fatty acids to your diet to support a healthy body and healthy skin cells. Consume a combination of olive oil, hemp seed oil, coconut oil, flax seed oil and fish oil to enjoy the benefits of omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids.
- Include in your diet foods that contain an adequate amount of zinc, folate, chromium, copper, vitamin A, vitamin B12, vitamin E and vitamin C. These vitamins and minerals will help to brighten your skin from the inside.
Hope you will like and follow these beauty tips. So avoid all fast foods and eat healthy foods rich in vitamins and minerals. Your skin will surely love it!