You have not mentioned whether your lips have turned dark recently or whether they were always this color. Everyone, especially girls and women wish to have luscious lips but at the same time they wish to have them look naturally pink. People with light complexions have naturally less melanin content in their skin. This makes the underlying blood vessels visible through the lips, and they appear pinkish or reddish in color. If you can point out the reason as to why your lips are becoming dark, you will be able to check it faster. Read on to know the easy and natural ways to make your lips pink and smooth, that too with the help of homemade remedies.
The Perfect Ways to Keep Your Lips Naturally Pink
- Crush rose petals, mix with fresh cream and use. This makes your lips naturally soft and pink. Alternatively, you may want to dip a cotton ball in rosewater and smooth it over your lips.
- Cold milk and a bit of turmeric powder is a great way to brighten them up! Just a little powder mixed up with 1 teaspoon of cold milk. Mix this into a paste and then apply the mixture to your lips for up to 5 minutes. Keep doing this for about a week or two and you’ll see a huge improvement!
- Take some turmeric powder, milk cream and honey and rub the mixture gently on your lips for five minutes. This will make your lips soft and pink.
- Apply juice of beetroot before going to bed. You can also extract juice from a beetroot and apply it 3 – 4 times during daytime. You can also apply this while going out. It will appear like you have used lipstick.
- Another tip on how to make lips pink naturally is to wipe them with a cotton ball soaked in rose water. This will make your lips soft.
- Rub lemon juice onto your lips before bedtime to lighten your lips if you think they are too dark from drinking coffee, for instance. After applying lemon juice, wait until lips are dry and then moisturize your lips, as lemon juice can dry them out. Do this once a week.
- The natural ghee not only brings taste to your food, but will also help you make your lips smooth, pink and full. Rub a little warm ghee on your lips, 2-3 times daily. If you’re suffering from chapped lips, then this recipe is surely for you. Ghee is very good for weather-stricken chapped, dry lips.
- Exfoliating can be done with a gentle, soft-bristle toothbrush. Just a little bit of water and you can rub the brush along your lips to keep them soft, silky and bright pink!
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on a lemon wedge and rub over lips gently. This is a good way to naturally exfoliate and bleach lips, making them look smoother and redder.
- Take a slice of lemon and rub the juice on your lips before going to bed. Let the juice dry up and then apply a moisturizer on your lips. Lemon has bleaching properties and it helps in removing the tan that has formed on your lips, thus making them pink once again.
- Make a mixture of a spoon of honey, little gram flour, a spoon of yogurt and few lime juice drops.Use this mixture on the lips to make them pink.
- Break a vitamin E capsule and apply on your lips before sleeping. You can mix vitamin E oil in some Vaseline to make your own lip balm.
If you work upon your lifestyle and follow the home remedies religiously, there is no reason why you won’t be able to bring back the lost color of your lips.