Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate your affection for others, and there’s no better way to show friends and family a little love than by gifting them with a sweet beauty treat. To help you look your best on Valentine’s Day we’ve spoken to the owner of a local salon to find out the latest looks and trends as well as tips on how to try them.
The Most Effective Beauty Tips for Valentine’s Day
- Exfoliate those weathered, winter lips with a natural homemade remedy of brown sugar and honey, then apply a lip balm to layer your lips with a hydrating coat.
- Deepen Your Blush: Re-create a first-date flush by using a cheek color that’s one shade darker than your everyday hue. “Blush should be more dramatic for evening, especially if you’ll be in a dimly lit place.
- Two popular new trends from the Spring/Summer 2014 catwalks for nails are floating half-moons and modern French Manicures. To achieve these simply use different colors rather than traditional shades or even try glitter.
- Maximize Your Lashes: Transform stubby lashes into borderline falsies with a coat of L’Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara. The ultra-nourishing base strengthens and protects, while the top coat forms tiny tubes around lashes for smudge-proof wear.
- Use a red colored pencil to create a wall for your pout, and make sure it fits your lip hue of choice.
- Hold the Hairspray: Nothing is a bigger turnoff than helmet head. “You want your hair to be touchably soft, even if it means a few strands are out of place,” says hairstylist Chaz Dean, creator of Wen hair and body care.