Eye is the most sensitive and the most beautiful part of our body. Eye needs lots of care and attention, especially in this hectic life style. Spending most of hours in front of computer systems, and with so much pollution in the atmosphere, eyes-related disease, poor vision, and irritation in eyes have become common. Today it has become very important for everyone to give proper care and attention to this delicate sense organ to keep it healthy and beautiful.
Eyes are the most important feature of the human face, they express emotions and moods and eye problems can ruin someone’s beauty or make-up. A good natural eye cream can help keep eyes healthy and sparkling, along with a healthy diet and plenty of hours of sleep. There are different kinds of eye infection caused due to age, infection, lack of rest, etc. Some of these infections are conjunctivitis, blood-red color of eyes, cataract, etc. All these diseases are caused due to different reasons and infection.
Eyes are one of the most important parts of the body. Like any other part of the body, eyes are silently and constantly at work throughout the day, be it working in front of the computer screen, studying, reading or simply watching television or doing any other activity, it is our eyes that bear the brunt and at the end of the day you feel that your eyes are tired. Proper eye care and exercises for tired eyes are very much recommended for keeping your eyes healthy and stress free and relieve them of tiredness.
Eye Care Tips:
- Take A vitamin diet to make eyes brighter. (papaya, eggs, fish, milk, cilantro etc.,) Wash eyes with cold water to get sparkling eyes.
- Put sliced cucumber over your eyes to treat dark circles.
- Put potato slices on your eye to get rid off those dark circles.
- Soak amla overnight in water and use this water the next morning to wash the eyes.
- Soak cotton in Luke warm milk and cover eyes with it for 15 min.
- To soothe tired eyes, dip cotton pads in chilled milk and place on closed eyes for 10 minutes. Now relax completely.
- To completely relax the eyes and the surrounding muscles, close your eyes and think of something that is pleasant or soothing and at a distance. Now gently open your eyes and look into the distance. Next focus on an object at arm’s length. Do this extremely relaxing exercise four or five times a day.
- If your eye twitches, or your eyes are red and feeling itchy, massage your scalp with curd.
- Soak 1 tsp. dry amla in one cup of water overnight. Next morning strain it through a muslin cloth and then add one extra cup of water. Splash your eyes with this solution each morning. This makes your eyes sparkle.
- For Puffy Eyes: Grate a potato with its peel and apply on your closed eyelids for about 20 minutes and relax completely. You may even take a nap.
- Wash your face before sleeping, and ensure that there is no make-up on your face before you sleep, because, make-up creams may spoil your face as it will be there for the whole night. It is better if no cream is applied. What I feel is, wash your face before sleeping and if at all you want to apply any cream, just apply night cream and none other than that.
Eye care Instructions for people using computers and computer professionals:
Spending long hours in front of television or computers is part of peoples life today. Especially if you are a computer professional, there is usually no escape from it. This causes many eyes and vision related problems in future. Here are some useful eye care tips for computer users.
- After every 20 to 30 minutes of work, look at a distant away object and blink several times. This will help in better focusing.
- Blink frequently. People tend to reduce blink rate while working on computer. This can lead to dry eyes. Try to blink 12 to 15 times every minute.
- Exercise you eyes at frequent intervals. Eye exercise is simple. All you need to do is just blink several times, then close your eyes and role them in clockwise and anti clockwise direction. While doing this, inhale and exhale slowly and open your eyes slowly after doing this.
- Rub your palms against each other till them become warm. Cover your eyes with your warm palms for about a minute. Palming is another great way to relax and soothe your eyes.
- Splashing water on you face during breaks can keep you refreshed. This also helps in cooling your eyes.
- A few minutes of walk during breaks will refresh your body and mind. It is also good for your eyes as walking increases blood supply to your eyes.
- Fix an anti glare screen on to your monitor or use anti glare glass while working on computers. Also position the monitor and lights in such a manner that glare from the screen is minimum.