Your vision provides as much as 80 percent of your sensory input. You want to preserve it at any cost, because it has an enormous impact on your quality of life. You have a couple of conditions working to erode your eyesight. Cataracts are the chief cause of vision loss in both developing and developed countries and are the leading cause of blindness worldwide. As if that weren’t enough, age-related macular degeneration (AMD) has become the bane of the golden years, currently affecting as many as 20 million elderly Americans.
Most physicians still believe that progression to either of these conditions is inevitable, and they’ll wait to intervene until you start exhibiting symptoms. This type of reactive medicine could cost you your eyesight. You’re better off focusing on a variety of proven prevention strategies, running the gamut from nutrition to lifestyle choices, that can help keep your eyes healthy.
Looking to find out how to improve eyesight naturally? Having to wear glasses or contact lenses to get through every single day is frustrating to say the least. Having worn glasses from a young age and later on contact lenses, I can safely say that depending on them to get through life is annoying to say the least!
Eye Exercises to Improve Eyesight:
Exercising your eyes strengthens the eye muscles. This allows your eye to move and adjust its vision quickly. At the same time, it helps in adjusting the vision in both the eyes in unison. There are many eye exercises to improve vision. The following are some of the best eye exercises to improve vision naturally.
- The first eye exercise to improve eyesight is to focus your vision on an object which is at a distance, for at least half a minute. You can simply look at a tree or a house or a person by sitting at your window. This exercise helps because most of us always keep looking at objects close to us, and become used to focusing only on close objects. It ultimately results in bad distance vision or myopia.
- After the distance focusing exercise, you should keep changing your focus from the distance object to an object close by. Do this exercise a couple of times. Initially you will feel a strain on your eyes, but this is a very good exercise for improving eyesight naturally.
- The next exercise is similar to the one mentioned above. Keep your finger in front of your face at a little distance away from your nose. Focus on the finger for some time and then look at an object which is at a distance. When you do this you will be able to notice how your eyes change focus in turn helps in vision correction in terms of focusing of the eyes.
- The next exercise will actually seem to be an exercise for your neck. However, it serves a dual purpose. It exercises the neck, and at the same time, increases blood circulation to your head and eyes. It is the simplest eyesight improvement exercise. All you have to do is to nod your head as though you were saying yes. Look at the ceiling and then at your toes as you nod your head. Do you want to know the other advantage of this exercise? You will lose your double chin after you start doing this exercise regularly.
- The next exercise is to rotate your eyeball to the right and then to the left, and vice versa, without moving your neck. Do this slowly about 10 times, but if your feel giddy it means you were doing it fast. So stop immediately and start again after a break, do it slowly this time. Then change over to moving your eyeballs up and down. Do this slowly as well. Remember, no moving your neck. The last of the rotation exercises is to rotate your eyeballs clockwise and anticlockwise respectively.
- Always see your eye practitioner regularly to make certain your eyes are healthy and you are seeing at an acceptable level. Do not proceed with herbal remedies without your doctor’s advice.
- Thoroughly research nutritional products to enhance you overall health and support the vision process.