Winter the most romantic, beautiful and favorite season of many demands a bit more attention to your skin and hair. Generally winter skin care is what all of us keep in mind but it is a fact that like summer, winter too has an inverse effect on hair. Winter hair care aims at keeping the hair from getting dry, brittle and discolored.
Different seasons require different hair care techniques to maintain healthy hair. While you might wear your hair out much more often in the summer and rely on carefree styles when it’s warm outside, your hair care routine will change during winter if you want to maintain healthy locks.
Winter season is about to arrive. Many of you must be getting tensed and already feeling the cold and dry winter breeze blow on your body. Here are some winter hair care tips that will keep your tresses in great shape so that when spring rolls around, your hair will be ready to face warm weather in good health.
Winter Hair Care Tips:
- Wear a scarf, hat or cap to protect your hair from the cold and wind, but make sure that it’s not so tight that it will restrict circulation in your scalp.
- Using hot oil can be an effective measure towards protecting your hair in winter. You can try using a natural hot oil solution like jojoba hot oil treatment for your hair and it can excellently re hydrate your dry hair.
- Use a conditioner daily.
- Avoid shampooing your hair too often. In winter the hair as well as the scalp dry easily and shampooing too frequently can worsen the case.
- Once your hair is conditioned, run it through cold water. Doing so can add shine to your hair.
- Once you have your hair moist, lock in the moisture by running your hair through cold water, this will also give your hair an extra shine.
- Don’t go outside with your hair wet, you risk breakage; your hair will freeze if it’s cold enough outside and may break.
- Limit your use of hot items on your hair such as a blow dryers and curling irons.
- If you need to use a hot item use a leave in conditioner before using the item on your hair.
- Static energy remains very intense during wintertime. If your hair is charged with static, brushing your hair can pose a very big problem. Static causes huge damage even with ‘static free’ brushes. Rub a dryer softener sheet over the brush, which can greatly detangling your hair.
- Avoid taking hot showers or washing your hair in hot water, use warm or cool water instead, the heat can dry out and/or damage your hair and skin.
- Hair products that have the word, Replenish on it is made to moisturize your hair.
- If your hair tends to become too dry during winter, try opting for a hair repair mask, which will help you replenish your hair to a great extent.
- Try using a dry shampoo if you need to wash out your hair, one dry shampoo you can use is baby powder, simply sprinkle some onto your hair and use a comb to comb it off.
- Some intensive home made conditioners can also combat the winter dryness of hair.
Try using the above-suggested remedies to do away with your dry winter hair. With a little care and attention, you can make your crowning glory shine with all its natural health.