Biracial hair is beautiful and comes with its own set of needs. Biracial hair can be wavy, curly, soft, or coarse. But it is never predictable! If you are the parent of a biracial daughter, you may find yourself struggling at times with how to handle her hair.
The following are a few simple guidelines that will help in treating this hair type. These best tips on Biracial hair care should be helpful in developing a regimen to give you healthy hair.
The Best Biracial Hair Care Tips
- Washing the Hair: When you wash her hair, use good products (Pantene has an excellent line of shampoos and conditioners for women of color, for example). Be sure to use lots of conditioner and comb the hair out thoroughly when the conditioner is still in it.
- Conditioning: This is the most important step that should be followed after shampooing. Massage the conditioner gently starting from the tips and working gently towards the scalp. Make sure that you stop applying the conditioner 1/2 inch from your scalp.
- Use all natural products like those with coconut oil, shea butter, hibisucs, etc to condition the hair several times per week.
- Deep Conditioning: People with this hair type should use a deep conditioner for at least once or twice in a month as this helps in treating biracial hair effectively.
- Never use a fine tooth comb or brush to detangle the hair especially if it is wet. Wet hair is weakest and you could break and damage the hair. Instead use your fingers or a large tooth comb to gently detangle the hair.
- Night-time Care: To avoid having the hair become tangled while she sleeps, you should put the hair into two simple braids or twists before sleep. Don’t make them tight and don’t worry if they are pretty–you just want to keep the hair in place.
This is all about the various tips for biracial hair care. These tips also help your hair to become strong and healthy. If you want to treat your hair naturally then used these hair care home remedies to get healthy hairs.