When you think of hair loss it’s natural to assume that it’s a condition that predominantly affects men. Some experts however suggest that as many as one in four women will experience hair loss at some time in their lives. So why don’t we see and hear more about it? Perhaps the answer has something to do with one or more of the following:
Understanding Hair Loss Problem
In contrast, hair loss in women are generally linked to genetics issues more than anything else although being pregnant and age-related attributes may also sometimes influence the hair loss. Besides, sudden physical and emotion changes can also lead to hair loss. Issues such as childbirth, critical emotional stress, infections as well as medications and dieting could have a part to play.
It is not uncommon to see some women who age between 30 and 60 years experience a gradual reduction of hair. There are reports about the hair loss being heavy in the very beginning with lots of hair strands stuck in the comb while combing the hair or the hairs dropping out during showers. The reports however, also show that the rate of hair loss gradually decreases as they get older. For this kind of hair loss pattern, there is still no conclusive reason or understanding of this hair loss problem to date.
Causes of Hair Loss in Women
- Female pattern baldness can begin from chemical burn. Such a burn can cause permanent normal perm ( “Chemistry”), a radically different colors and lightening, or acid rain, from which even the cucumbers in the garden are dying. But there is no cause for hysteria. Just temporarily change your hair into ultra-short, and eventually the hair will start to recover and to grow much faster than with long hair. In addition, hair follicles or follicles are significantly intensified after the “chemistry”, as this procedure, heating the skin, increases blood flow to the follicles. As a result, even asleep follicles of such power and stimulation of nerve endings begin to wake up and hair grow.
- Almost the same effects accompanied by thermal overheating, for example, hot tongs or heated hair rollers, can even burn the hair on a certain area. Nevertheless, such a shake-up also stimulates the follicles in the rapid growth of hair and soon all the very overgrown.
- The reason may be more serious, such as brute force with the use of various drugs. So the usual abuse naftizinom leads to chemical reactions within the organism, which can also cause partial baldness.
- If you are working in hazardous industries, including chemicals, you also run the risk of their curls. Especially if you’re dealing with such as a chemical element thallium. It can cause loss of human hair.
- The cause of hair can be rare complications of severe influenza. More on hair affect syphilis or typhoid.
- Alopecia areata is the most common hair loss condition to affect women. It is characterized by patchy areas of hair loss on the head or it can be more widespread over the body. It is thought to be caused by deficiencies in the immune system but much is still not known about the condition. In many cases the hair regrows spontaneously after a variable period of time, but in a minority of cases the problem may be more severe and longstanding.
If you experience any form of hair loss arrange to visit your physician to discuss the treatments that may be suitable for your particular condition.
Rub your head when you wash your hair. The rubbing action boosts blood circulation which brings nutrients to the scalp. And use a lavender scented shampoo! Breathing in the soothing aroma helps relieve stress which in turn helps reduce hair loss.
B vitamins help reduce stress and are also needed to manufacture keratin, the fibrous protein that forms healthy hair. For shiny, healthy hair and more inner calm be sure you get an ample supply of B vitamins folate and B12 either by eating salmon, yogurt and eggs or by taking a daily supplement. Ask your doctor how much is right for you.
Women who increase their intake of the amino acid lysine can see a marked improvement in hair growth within 4 months. Lysine makes ferritin, an iron storing protein that maximizes hair growth. Lysine also reduces anxiety. Lysine can be found with in the vitamin section of any store.
Many causes of female hair loss are temporary – check your general health and be patient.
Take a look at your family for an idea of your risk of female pattern baldness.
Don’t be taken in by claims for wonder products. There is no cure for female pattern hair loss.
Many women cope well by using cosmetic products, hats and wigs – persevere until you find your own style.