Try one of these natural ways to cure dandruff and prevent your hair from damages. Dandruff is the enemy of the hair. It weakens the roots. The main symptom of dandruff is the presence of flaky skin region present in and around the scalp area. The scales can vary in size from small dust – like particles to large, greasy, yellow flakes. The good news is that dandruff can be easily cured at home by home remedies.
Home Cure & Remedy of Dandruff
For good hair without dandruff, drink at least 2 liter water daily, eat lots of salads, green vegetables, and fresh fruits. Combs must be washed as frequently and hair should be brushed regularly. Dandruff is a scalp condition that can be controlled. Too little oil or too much oil can result in dandruff. Try the following:
- Mix 2 teaspoons pure vinegar in 6 teaspoons water and apply it on the scalp before going to bed. Tie a towel around the head. Wash your head next morning. After shampooing, rinse again with vinegar water. Treat your hair like this once a week for at least three months.
- Mix 1 teaspoons lemon juice with 2 teaspoons vinegar and massage on the scalp. Wash your hair with an egg shampoo.
- Take 1 part almond oil, 1 part pure sulphur powder, 2 parts ‘surgical spirit’ and 4 parts distilled water or rose water and mix well. Rub on the scalp.
- Take 2 cup water, add 4-5 tablespoons dried thyme and boil for 10 minutes. Cool, strain, and use the mixture to massage scalp. Keep for half an hour.
- Dissolve 2 aspirins in any dandruff shampoo and wash your hair.
- Massage the scalp with almond oil. Dip a towel in boiling water and wrap it around the hair. Repeat it thrice or four times when the towel gets cold.
- Make a shampoo by mixing 100g each of amla (Indian goose berry), reetha, and shikakai, and boil in two liter of water until the liquid reduces to half. Use this shampoo for one month. Dandruff will vanish and your hair will become thick.
- Fenugreek seeds are also useful in the removal of dandruff. Grind fenugreek (methi) seeds soaked in water overnight. Massage this paste on scalp and hair and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Wash your hair with warm apple cider vinegar. Then cover your head with a towel or a shower cap and leave for about 30-40 minutes. Rinse with plain water. Repeat 2 times a week until your dandruff goes away.
- Take a palm full of baking soda and rub it on your wet hair. Wash it off with water. The baking soda should relieve the itching and help in reducing the problem of dandruff.
- Mix 100g witch hazel and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice in 200ml water. Shampoo your hair and apply with cotton to the scalp when the hair are still wet. Repeat several times until the dandruff is treated.
- Try a shampoo with selenium sulfide or salicylic acid.
- Try Zest soap once a week. It may work for oily hair. It leaves your hair dry, so use conditioner to your hair only but try not to get it on your scalp. It has worked to get rid of dandruff for some people.
More Remedies For Dandruff
Massage It In
When shampooing, gently massage your scalp with your fingertips to help loosen scales and flakes. But do not scratch your scalp that can lead to sores that are worse than the dandruff.
Always lather twice with a dandruff shampoo. Work up the first lather as soon as you step into the shower so the shampoo has sufficient time to work. Leave it on until you are just about finished with your shower. Then rinse your hair very carefully. Follow that with a quick second lather and rinse. The second rinse will leave just a bit of the medication on your scalp so it can work until your next shampoo.
Don’t Be Too Harsh To Your Soft Hair
If tar-based shampoos, or any other dandruff preparations are too harsh for everyday use, alternate them with your regular shampoo.
Let The Sunshine
A little sun exposure is good for dandruff. That’s because direct ultraviolet light has an anti-inflammatory effect on scaly skin conditions. And it may explain why dandruff tends to be less severe in summer. Don’t sunbathe; just spend a little time outdoors. Limit sun exposure to 30 minutes or less per day. And wear your normal sunscreen on exposed skin. You have to balance the sun’s benefit to your scalp against its harmful effect on your skin in general.