Hair loss or thinning of hair can have a wide variety of causes. Some women can experience hair loss in the first two to six months after having a baby, while overuse of hair dyes and over-brushing can also contribute.
Nutritional deficiencies and poor nutrient absorption can result in hair loss, including deficiencies of vitamins A, vitamin B complex, biotin, vitamin C, copper, iron, and zinc. Silica is important for hair growth and strength, and vitamin E is necessary for good scalp condition and hair follicle health.
Hair loss or baldness is a common problem these days. It is, in actual, a nightmare that involves loss of hair on the scalp. The best way to treat problems related to hair fall is to know the reasons behind it and then cure them accordingly. Moreover, going natural is a great way to be sure of the treatments given and remain safe.
There are many herbs that prove useful in hair loss treatment. Herbs such as aloe, nettles, stinging nettle, and birch leaves are excellent blood and skin cleaners and stimulate hair growth. Horsetail is a good source of silica and helps keep hair strong and shiny. Herbs such as arnica, marigold, rosemary, or southern wood are also useful for hair loss.
Hair Loss Causes:
There are many things that aggravate the problem of hair loss. The major ones are:
- Stress is the root cause of any problem and the hair loss problem is also associated with stress.
- Severe or prolonged illness of about 2 to 3 months. Any major surgery also leads to hair loss.
- Hair loss also occurs because of dis balance in harmonies. Like overactive or under active thyroid glands leads to hair fall. If any male or female harmonies such as androgen or estrogen are out of balance the the hair fall occurs.
- Baby’s delivery in mother also leads to hair loss.
- Intake of strong medicines causes hair loss.
- Major hair loss occurs because of some fungal infection and diabetes.
Hair Loss Treatment With Home Remedies:
- Always use a natural shampoo or soap to clean the hair. As most soaps and shampoos have chemicals, they might be the cause of your problem. Usually the chemicals have a heating effect, and increase Pitta locally. Amala (embilica officinalis), Shikakai (Acacia concinna) are very commonly used in India for washing the hair.
- A paste of licorice made by grinding it in milk can be applied in the bald patches. It induces hair growth. A paste of seeds of lemon and black pepper may also be applied on the bald patches.
- A special Ayurvedic preparation made from Bhringraj (Eclipta elba), Amala, corals, iron and black sesame seeds is very useful, and even stops the graying of hair.
- Take apple cider vinegar and sage tea to rinse your hair. This induces the growth of hair.
- A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice is good to drink to induce hair growth. The juice of alfalfa mixed with that of carrot, and lettuce juice is also good to take.
- The diet should contain more green leafy vegetables, salads, milk, fruits and sprouts. Take more proteins, milk, buttermilk, yeast, wheat germ, soybean and vitamin A.
- Drink 1/3rd cup of aloe vera juice daily. You can also take 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel with a pinch of cumin. Take it thrice a day for 2-3 months to control hair loss.
- If your hair are dry then consume burdock and marshmallow tea.
- Massage your scalp regularly with horsetail.
- Daily eat curd.
- Every morning eat white sesame seeds as these have plenty of magnesium and calcium that are essential for the growth of hair.
- Oiling and massaging of scalp is very beneficial for stopping the hair loss. Use coconut oil or mustard oil at least three times in a week. Certain medicated oils like Mahabhringraj oil, Amala oil, and ‘Arnica oil’ are very useful. Put oil on the scalp, and massage gently in the roots of the hair.
- Daily application of coconut oil mixed with lime juice on the hair is also beneficial. Applying juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also good.
- Rub your scalp vigorously after washing the hair. It increases the blood circulation, and activates the sebaceous glands. Take the oil that contains vitamin E. Vitamin E prevents the hair fall and reduces the brittleness of hair and also cure the dry and flaky skin.
- Washing the hair with a paste of cooked Urad dal (black beans) and fenugreek (methi) 2-3 times a week, is also good.