Not everyone is born with beautiful hair, but by learning a few hair care facts, you can make your hair look its best. Healthy, attractive hair should shine. Whether your hair is long or short, light or dark, it should look smooth, silky and shiny. Hair that is dull, dry, brittle or frizzy is unhealthy and unattractive. Everyday events such as shampooing, brushing and blow drying can do great damage to your hair, causing the dry, brittle, frizzy appearance.
Shiny hair is a sign of health because the layers of the cuticle lie flat and reflect light. When the scales of the cuticle lie flat they overlap tightly, so the inner layers are well protected from heat, sun, chlorine, and all the other hazards that can come from living in our environment. When hair is damaged, though, the scales may separate and hair can become dry. Because the scales on dry hair don’t protect the inner two layers as well, hair can break and look dull.
Taking care of your hair is one aspect you have to look into if you are thinking of possibilities for preventing hair loss. It is connected to a variety of factors, such as genetics, diet, or disease. For a longer period of time this will assist your hair to remain healthy.
Hair Care Basics:
There are many factors affecting your hair but the perhaps the most important 3 are your diet and your activities and what you put on your hair.
Make sure you consume the right amount of nutrients and proteins that supports your hair. Let’s face it, your meals alone is never going to be enough. Take supplements for hair and nails. This step is just as important or perhaps more important than other. Do this first.
The common mistake people do is to wash their hair everyday. Try to shampoo your hair only once every 2-3 days. Shampooing strips the hair of its natural oil that makes it look and feel healthy. However, please your hair at least once a week. A dirty hair is 1. a turn off, 2. fulls of germs and bacterias, 3. unhealthy because nutrients cannot move through them.
Do not spend too much time out in the sun, especially when it is harsh. I’m pretty sure most people does this already with all the scare the corporations propagate, but what you must know too is that sunlight is beneficial to your health.
Best Hair Care Tips:
- Split ends cannot be repaired, despite what your shampoo/conditioner/treatment says on its cover. You should cut split ends away as soon as possible to prevent them from splitting higher.
- Cutting your hair does not make it stronger or grow faster.
- Pluck one gray hair will not cause two black hairs to grow.
- Hats and caps do cause hair damage.
- Hair pattern loss can be inherited through generations.
- Blow drying can damage the hair because of the high heat. You should always opt to air dry your hair whenever possible. You can start to style your hair when it is partially dry.
- Lathering chemicals in shampoos do not contribute in cleaning the hair.
- You should not shampoo a clean hair. You should only shampoo it only when it is dirty.
- Sebum covers straight hair better than curly hair, making straight hair shinier.
- Contrary to popular belief, baby shampoo is harsh because it is designed to remove cradle cap from the infant’s scalp.
- Dandruff is a health issue. Seek medical attention. Flakes are oily, not dry.
- Dry scalp, on the other hand, is not a heal issue. A replacement to a good shampoo and conditioner will do the trick.
- Brushing causes your to break and form split ends. Do not continue brushing once your hair is in place.