When hair becomes dry and brittle, the shaft breaks, leading to frayed and split ends. It’s a common problem that can be avoided when you know how to take good care of your hair to keep it well hydrated. Having shiny, silk and healthy hair is every woman’s dream but due to poor care, hair curlers, straighteners, exposure to sun, chemical treatments and so on, most people end up with both damaged and badly breaking hair.
Are you suffering from Hair Breakage? Here are some helpful natural hair breakage treatment tips that will give you healthy hair that both looks and feels good. These tips, coupled with other good hair care practices such as using protective hairstyles, using right comb, trimming split ends, reducing hot hair process, etc. will ensure you have perfect hair. If you are losing more than that, follow the best ways to stop hair breakage outlined here below to have healthy looking lush of hair.
How To Stop Hair Breaking: Useful Tips
- Hot Oil Treatment: Give hot oil treatment once or twice a week to your hair to provide enough moisture to prevent hair breakage. Massage the warm olive hair oil onto your scalp and hair. Leave the oil on to your head for up to an hour and then wash your hair with shampoo. It is recommended you apply moisturizing conditioner too after shampooing your hair.
- Treatment Using Egg: Eggs, when combined with other products can be used to treat both breaking and damaged hair. It is a source of lecithin, and proteins both, which can add the shine, repair damages and improve its texture. If you opt for this home remedy for hair breakage. 3 Eggs + 1 tbsp Vinegar + 1tbsp Olive Oil + 1 tbsp coconut oil – Add a few drops of essential rosemary oils to this mixture and apply it on your scalp and hair. Leave it for about 25-30 minutes before using a gentle shampoo to wash it off.
- Avoid Excessive Manipulation: Too much brushing, combing and washing can further damage your hair. Try to avoid washing your hair every day as this can cause your hair to lose its natural moisture, creating dry and brittle hair. Once your hair is in place, leave it be.
- Coconut oil or olive oil are both great natural deep conditioners that you might already have in your cabinet. Comb a teaspoon or so of oil through your hair, put on a shower cap for 2 hours, then wash out the oil.
- Balanced Diet: If you want the inside-out beauty, diet plays a very important role. Ensure your diet has the necessary ingredients to promote healthy and strong hair that will not break easily. This is not only a home remedy for hair breakage but also a way to treat, stop or prevent such breakages. Further on diet, ensure you diet is rich in beta-carotene, lean proteins, omega 3 fatty acids, zinc, biotin, iron, among many other vitamins. In addition, to keep it hydrated, you need to take at least eight glasses of water daily.
- Use the Proper Brush or Comb: Make sure to use the proper comb or brush for your hair. Use a wide toothed comb or pick to comb your hair after washing it. Be careful not to comb your hair when it is completely wet, as wet hair tends to be more fragile.
- Blow your hair dry sparingly: Aiming hot air at your hair is a sure way to damage it. Heat has the power to make hair look smooth and sleek, but unfortunately it comes at a high price, especially if you blow your hair dry every day. Save your blowouts for special occasions, and plan to let it air dry on an everyday basis.
- Onion Juice: Since they are rich in sulfur, onion juice can be used to encourage growth of new hair strands. This is one of the very easy at home remedies for hair breakage that will work well if you can stand the onion smell. Of course, you will wash it afterwards.
- Aloe Vera Treatment: Aloe Vera treatment is good for moisturizing, lustrous, soft and shiny hair (4tbsps + 3tbsps yogurt), apply and leave it for 20-30 minutes before washing your hair normally.
- Consume iron and vitamins supplements (including vitamin E) in case of deficiency, in consultation with your doctor.
We did not cover all the hair breakage remedies since they are so many. We simply covered the very basic ones. So, if you have any tips about hair braking please share with us via comments below.