There is so much to do when a newborn baby arrives that parents can easily forget to take adequate care of the baby’s hair. Hair care is an important part of looking after your baby properly. Hair care is one of the significant aspects of baby care along with others like newborn baby sleep. Just as you regularly visit salon to take care of your hair needs, similar attention is required in the case of baby. So, here in this article I have find out some excellent hair care tips for your baby.
The Best Hair Care Tips for Newborn Baby
- Giving your baby a hair wash twice a week is sufficient to keep the hair clean and soft. When your baby turns into a toddler, the hair, too, is likely to grow longer which will then require washing at least three times a week. Always wash the hair towards the end of the bath so that the suds do not remain in the water and irritate its sensitive skin.
- Be gentle when you massage a tearless baby shampoo into your baby’s scalp. A too-brisk scalp massage can stress hair follicles and speed up hair loss or breakage.
- Pay close attention to your child’s scalp to help avoid cradle cap, oily and flaky patches of skin on the scalp. Do not use baby oil for an infant’s hair as this increases the risk of cradle cap.
- Comb your baby’s hair with a soft-bristle brush or a wide-toothed comb that won’t snag on tangles or pull your baby’s hair.
- Until your baby turns one and grows more hair on the scalp, stick to using only baby products for washing your baby’s hair. To keep the baby’s hair and scalp moisturized and healthy, use only baby shampoos and baby lotions that suit your baby’s skin.
- Avoid headbands or ponytails that pull your baby’s hair back too tightly, which can damage it.
- Mixing certain products in the right proportion can help nourish and moisturize your baby’s hair. By using a mild baby’s lotion to rub onto your baby’s hair and scalp, after a hair wash, both the skin and hair will be moisturized and nurtured.
- It is necessary to take your baby for a haircut and get its hair trimmed once it turns a year old. Growing long hair can be a scary experience for many babies when they mature into kids. Planning a haircut while the baby is sleeping will only lead to a scared and cranky baby.
Hope you will liked these useful baby hair care tips. If you follow these tips then your newborn’s hair will look different soon enough.