Most women would agree that hair removal is a monthly battle (sometimes a weekly one as well), most often won by the hair, right after a couple of days. Today, you are all clean and tomorrow, nasty small hair erupting out of the skin – this is a natural phenomenon that almost all the women fight with. Whether you undergo waxing, bleaching, shaving or plucking, the body hair seems to find a way to comeback.
However, did you know that there is a permanent way to get rid of the ugly hair erupting on your body? The answer is laser hair removal treatment. The treatment not only removes unwanted hair, but also defines your being, adding dollops of style and grace. However, there are certain considerations that you need to mull over, before undergoing the laser hair removal technique. In the following lines, we have provided tips that you should delve upon, in case you are to undertake laser hair removal treatment.
Precautions For Laser Hair Removal
- One of the foremost tips that you should look out for, before going in for the laser hair removal method, would be to check with a reliable source, about the efficiency of the clinic, doctors as well as the treatment.
- Inquire about the kind of laser treatment that would suit you, the kind of radiation to be used and the type of pain relievers that are available with the doctor in the clinic.
- Look for the terms and conditions in the surgery paper and inquire about the price for each of the processes. Make sure that you are aware of how the treatments would be applied, before signing the paper. There might be hidden costs that could alter the entire cost.
- At the time of treatment, ask your doctor for a skin test, on a smaller section of the targeted area. This would give you an opportunity to know whether the treatment would cause any kind of after-effects later on.
- In case you are suffering from any kind of skin disease or disorder, avoid taking the treatment. Laser hair removal treatment should also be prevented if you have recently got your skin tanned.
- Avoid indulging in any temporary hair removal techniques at least one month prior to going for the laser treatment.
- It is strictly prohibited to apply lotions, creams, makeup, perfumes or body sprays right before the treatment. Not only would they reduce the effectiveness of the treatment, but can be counter-reactive as well. In case you want to apply comforting creams before the hair removal procedure, check with the doctor.
- If you are under any kind of medication, please consult the doctor, before undergoing laser hair removal.
- At the time of treatment, take appropriate care of the sensitive areas of the body. Eyes, especially, are the most sensitive part of the body. Wearing laser proof glares would be an effective way to protect them from strong radiations.
- Once the laser therapy gets over, follow the post-treatment instructions carefully, to get best results.
- In case you are suffering from pain, swelling, redness, blisters, scarring or skin discoloration post the treatment, visit the doctor immediately.
- Tanning is best avoided for two to three months after undergoing the laser hair removal treatment. Do not forget to apply the prescribed sunscreen formula, prior to sun exposure.