We spend more time on our hair than on any other portion of our body. We do several procedures to make them look beautiful and healthy. Many of us have too little hair, others have too much in the wrong places. Ingrown hairs are also common around the upper, inner thigh.
Excessive hair growth on the face is particularly troublesome to some women. This may be the result of some hormonal disturbances. Tumors arising in the ovaries, adrenal glands and other endocrine organs have sometimes contributed to this problem. But in most neither cases there is nor specific cause for excessive growth of hair. Hair growth is directly related to estrogen levels, hormones and ancestry.
Home Remedies for Hair Removal
There are a number of remedies for dealing with unwanted hair, including bleaching, short-term hair removal, long-term hair removal and permanent hair removal. Here are some of the most popular methods of removing unwanted hair.
- Mix chickpea flour with milk to make a paste. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and apply all over face in the direction of hair growth. Leave on for 20 to 25 minutes, by which time it should be completely dry. Scrub off in the direction opposite to the hair growth, rubbing the skin gently. The process will be easier if you take a little milk in your palm and use that to scrub the dry paste off. If done regularly, this remedy will help to remove hair growth on face, especially cheeks and chin, significantly.
- Mix 30 grams of sugar with 10 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice in 150 ml of water. Mix well and then apply it on the face in the direction of the hair growth. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse with cold water, rubbing the facial area gently. The granular sugar and lemon mixture will act as a gentle exfoliating agent and remove facial hair. The lemon juice will act as an astringent and natural anti septic. Repeat once every week to find an improvement.
- Apply a mixture of besan and haldi (turmeric) with a little water, to face. When it dries, gently rub off. This will remove excessive facial hair.
- Prepare a thick mixture of haldi, besan and curd. Apply t on the skin and leave it to dry. Rub off the mixture gently from your skin and wash off with water.
- An easy to use facial mask to help remove unwanted hair is to squeeze 10 ml lemon juice into a cup of water (150ml). Add 30 grams of Gram flour into this mixture and mix thoroughly. Apply this yellow mixture on the face. Wait for 15 minutes and then scrub your face in the direction of the hair growth to remove unwanted hair.