Eid-ul-Fitr, the Islamic holiday, is a special feast that marks the completion of the fasting month of Ramadan. It is celebrated on the first day of the 10th month of Islamic calendar, Shawwal, that begins with the sighting of new moon.
Eid Celebrations are just spectacular, which every city in the world with a considerable Muslim population would witness. In addition to the Eid food and Eid gifts, what adds to the magnificence of Eid are the gorgeous Eid Clothes.
Women love to be beautiful during Eid. Muslim women prepare for Eid many days before Eid Moon or the sighting of the new moon. Women buy or make their Eid Dresses more than a month before Eid.
A bracelet is an article of jewelry which is worn around the wrist. Bracelets can be manufactured from leather, cloth, hemp, plastic or metal, and sometimes contain rocks, wood, and/or shells.
The history of Egyptian bracelets is as old as 5000 BCE. Starting with materials like bones, stones and woods to serve religious and spiritual interests. From the National Geographic Society, the Scarab Bracelet is one of the most recognized symbols of ancient Egypt. The scarab represented rebirth and regeneration. Carved scarabs were worn as jewelry and wrapped into the linen bandages of mummies. Myth told of the scarab god, Khepri, pushing the sun across the sky.
Types of Bracelets
- Sports bracelets
- Charm bracelet
- Slap bracelets
- Beaded bracelet
Pretty Crafts for Girls
Here are two crafts just for girls! Make several and give some to your friends. Make bracelets to go with your socks. Color coordinate an entire outfit. Get creative! Use your imagination. Perfect crafts for Girls Scouts or Brownies.
Fancy Decorated Socks
- bobby socks of your choice any color
- Paper to work on top of
- Acrylic paints , any color
- Different items to paint with- old toothbrush, paintbrushes, pencils, sponges
- toilet paper or paper towel tube
- Uncuff your socks and turn them inside out. Slip a tube down inside them. We also have used just a piece of cardboard.
- Put some of each color paint you are going to use out on a paper plate.
- Decide what type of design you want your socks to have and then start painting!
Top and Excellent Bracelets for Girls – Photo Gallery