As you age, your facial appearance changes due to loss of skin elasticity, sun damage and everyday applications that can harm more than help your skin. Luckily, with a few helpful makeup tips, these signs of aging can be reduced leaving a fresher, younger and cleaner appearance to your face.
Anti-Aging Make Up Tips
- Make up is supposed to enhance your skin and beauty, not cover it up. So avoid overdoing your makeup. Apart from distracting people from your natural beauty, it also ages you drastically.
- Use a foundation that contains moisturizer or you can even apply a mix of your regular foundation with a light moisturizer. This gives you a youthful glowing look and keeps your skin well hydrated at the same time.
- Apply your foundation with a brush and then take a damp makeup sponge and gently press it all over your face. This removes any foundation that has settled into lines, and creates a soft finish.
- Use concealer to brighten and lighten the under eye area. Use a pink or peach toned concealer with a yellow toned concealer and make sure to apply it close to the lashes and the inner corners of your eyes.
- Highlighting and illuminating powders do a great job in lightening dark circles and add a healthy glow to your skin.
- Add a pop of color to cheeks by applying blush high on the apples of your cheeks to give your face a more lifted look.
- Apply mascara and liner only to your upper lashes. This eliminates under eye smudging which can make you look tired and enhances wrinkles around your eyes.
- Shape your eyebrows regularly as properly groomed eyebrows act as an instant and natural face lift.
While these tips can help you look younger, remember that you need to have healthy, radiant skin as a base for true age defying beauty. Invest in a good anti-aging skin care routine and you wouldn’t have to worry about make up!