Eyes makeup removal is very important to keep your eyes and skin safe from many harmful effects of cosmetics. Normally women use water and some tissues for eyes makeup removal, However, water is not enough to remove stubborn eye liners and thick mascaras. Leaving eyes makeup overnight on skin can result in the makeup getting into your eyes, causing severe irritation and infection.
There are different brands of eyes makeup remover available in the markets, among which you can choose the mildest for your eyes makeup removal. However, one should always be careful while picking up eyes makeup remover, as if any of the ingredients didn’t suit you, it can badly affect skin around eyes.
- Do not hop on bed without cleaning the painted face as leaving makeup on your skin overnight can clog your pores, leading to skin problems like acne. In the same way leaving eye makeup overnight can result in eye irritation and possibly infection.
- Always remove eye make up first as some of these make up products are extended wear. Water alone cannot remove any traces. Buy specific eye makeup remover and with the help of cotton ball or wash cloth gently cleanse the eyes and area under the eyebrow. Clean it until all traces of eye shadow, eye liner and mascara are removed.
- Apply olive oil to the areas around eye with the help of cotton ball as it is the excellent natural way to remove eye makeup and to condition the lashes. Remove excess oil with warm and damp washcloth. Slightly warm the olive oil before applying for a more luxurious experience.
- Follow this another homemade recipe for eye makeup remover. Blend castor oil (1tbsp), olive oil (1tbsp) and Canola oil (2 tsp) until thy dissolve well and apply it with a tissue or cotton ball around the eyes.
- You can even wash off waterproof mascara and eye liner using baby oil or baby shampoo.
- Cleanser plays an important role in removing make up. So choose the one that is suitable for your skin type to avoid breakdown of makeup. Go for brands like Ponds, Neutrogena, and Oil of Olay as they are excellent in removing impurities and moisturizing the face.
- Avoid using soaps as they don’t cleanse your skin thoroughly.
- Do not use eye makeup remover to remove face makeup, particularly if you have oily skin. This may cause breakouts.
- Avoid washing off eye makeup with cleanser, as it’s too harsh and drying for the skin.
- The best natural way of removing make up is by applying milk or plain yogurt to face with a cotton ball. Rinse it with lukewarm water after few minutes your skin is fresh and without any impurities.
- Make sure to clean the neck and behind ears area.
- To ensure the removal of the cleanser and makeup residue, rinse your face multiple times.
- Make sure to apply moisturizer after the deep cleansing the face.