Makeup for winter is a special segment of your basic lifestyle changes during winter. There will be change in your clothing as the heavy coats and shawls come out from the top shelf of your wardrobe. Your footwear becomes warmers and darker so the style of makeup too has to change to keep up with these changes. Moreover, your skin becomes dry during winter and your winter make up has to take care of that as well.
Winter Makeup Tips
- Use blackberry and copper color polish to darken your nails. It is perfect for the season and looks best on short, just-to-your-fingertips nails.
- Try colored mascara like navy, burgundy, and auburn that gives lashes a subtle color and some depth as well, without looking too obvious.
- Winters calls for more defined eyes. So, you should use a chocolate brown or charcoal liner along your upper lashes.
- It is a good idea to opt for neutral shades of makeup, such as light browns, grays, pinks and purples.
- If you want to draw attention to only one area of your face during winter, it is best to put emphasis on your eyes. A smoky eye look will work well during this time of year.
- Keep your lips moisturized in order to prevent them from becoming cracked and dry. It is a good idea to apply a lip-gloss throughout the day.
- A bit of sheen on eyes can be used too for a change, especially if you are using nude shades on your lips.
- Either your moisturizer or your foundation should have broad-spectrum sun protection.
- A light, matt foundation as well as a tinted powder, with a slight shimmer, look great in winters.
- For fragrance, it is best to stick to essence of essential oils, spices and other natural aromas.
- Smokey eyes look best in winters. For sultry effect, you can use eye shadows in cinnamon and coffee shades.
- A sheer layer of creamy blush-on can boost up the subtle makeup look that you adopt in winters.
- Tinted lip balms, in honey, blackberry and red currant tones, look great in the winter season.