Using black eye shadow to create one of the most popular looks in make up, the smoky eye look can be difficult, as there are many shades and tones of color that are used in the look, rather than just using black eye shadow to coat the upper lid. Black eyeshadow color is always considered the classic color.
When applying eyeshadow, remember that dark colors give a shadow of effect, while light colors are used to highlight. Eye shadow can be applied with a brush, sponge applicator, cotton wool or your fourth finger. Never compete with yourself! Eyeshadow should complement skin tone, hair color and eyes.
Many women like to experiment with eye makeup, and it’s perfectly acceptable to try different colors of eyeshadow. Black eyeshadow in combination with other neutral colors can create a sultry look. The key is to apply a generous amount onto the lower lid and blend a conservative amount towards the brow.
There are certain techniques that should be used while wearing black eye shadow to ensure that you are able to get this depth and dimension within the look and this comes from more than just the black Eyeshadow.
Things You’ll Need:
- Black Eye line
- Black Mascara
- Dark Eyeshadow (Black, Grey, Dark Red, Brown, Dark Blue)
- Pale Face Powder
Useful Tips for Black Eyeshadow:
- Start with the Pale Face Powder. Cover your whole face with it including your lips. Cover some of your neck with it as well.
- Grab the eyeliner. Take the stick and brush the tip of the pencil onto the edge of the cap so the eyeliner will go on darker. Apply the eyeliner just under your eyelashes on the bottom eyelid. Make sure it’s not too thick, but still kind of thick.
- Put the eyeliner on the inside of your bottom eyelid. You’re not supposed to do this, but it makes your eyes stand out much better. There should be a thick line on your bottom lid.
- Take the black mascara and apply it to your bottom eyelashes. The upper lid should be thicker than the bottom lid.
- Take your dark eye shadow and apply it to your top lid just above the eyeliner. Rub the eyeshadow into the end line of the eyeliner using the eyeshadow brush. Don’t rub the eyeshadow over the eyeliner. Only on the end of the eyeliner.
- Apply the eyeshadow on the bottom eyelid the same way as the top except don’t rub the eyeshadow into the eyeliner. Take your finger and gently rub the bottom eyeshadow into your skin so it looks like your sick. Then the eyes are done.
- Get your Chap-stick and apply it to your lips, over the pale face powder.
- Be careful about putting a pencil near your eye!
- Don’t fall asleep with the makeup on.