Make up is the art of highlighting your best features while camouflaging the not so appealing ones. In olden times, women wore make up to look painted and made up. But in resent times, the trend has shifted from the unnatural look to a more subtle and natural look. The emphasis nowadays is on wearing bare minimum makeup in order to accentuate the features and protect the skin from the harmful effects of the environment. With our day make up tips you can surely enhance your overall look and remain fresh and radiant at any point of time.
You must have heard several times that the day makeup should be light and simple while you are free to use bolder colors for an evening party and use lots of sheer and gloss. This usually causes the myth that it is the colors that make all the difference in the day and evening makeup. Well, the truth is that it is the lighting that makes all the difference.
Here we will discuss how different light sources can present us differently. Most of the big corporate offices have bright fluorescent lighting and people generally use incandescent lighting at home. Fluorescent light is a blue light that sharpens all colors while incandescent light is a yellow or red light than tends to soften all colors. So, we must do our makeup accordingly.
What You’ll Need:
- foundation, concealer, loose powder (if you need them)
- eyeliner or gray eyeshadow
- eyelash curler
- lipstick or subtle gloss with color
Tips for Day Wear Makeup:
- Always remember that while using the cosmetics on a daily basis you should use only quality products.
- Therefore choosing the cosmetics is an important step as it is directly related to the skin care and health.
- For the purpose of daily makeup usually powder cosmetics are preferred because they not only keep the shine under control but also contain less preservatives and skin irritants as compared to the liquid ones.
- In case you cannot avoid use of the liquid foundation then you should opt for one, which has a silicone base because the silicone base does not cause acne.
- If you apply makeup daily then you also need to remove it daily and for this you may need to use the makeup remover.
- But remember that using makeup remover to clean out waterproof cosmetics also wipes out the protective layer of sebum from the skin, therefore you should use waterproof cosmetics only occasionally and not on routine basis.
- You should never use the cosmetics that have crossed their expiry dates because it could be extremely harmful.
- You should also wash and clean the makeup brushes and sponges regularly.
- For the daily makeup light earth tones are preferable as they not only give a natural look but also are less likely to cause skin irritation than the darker colors.
- You should use a broad-spectrum sunscreen. The sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor 15 or higher and with ingredients such as zinc oxide or titanium dioxide is very effective in avoiding the harmful effects of UVA rays.
- However, for the daily use cosmetics with fewer ingredients are much safer therefore you should opt for the cosmetics that contain not more than 10 ingredients.
- Though nail polishes are very important for giving a beautiful look to your hands but they are not for daily use.
- For a quick pedicure you should scrape the dead skin off the soles of your feet after shower using an emery board.
- You should rub them over with lotion or olive oil or petroleum jelly and push back the cuticles of your toenails.
- You can wear socks all the time to maintain them.
- For a quick manicure you can follow the similar procedure.
- You can maintain them by wearing gloves at night.
Daily Care for Your Face:
Good make up begins with proper skin care. You need to cleanse tone and moisturize your skin everyday.
- Never wear make up on an unclean face as it clogs the pores and gives a messed up appearance.
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated and supple.
- Eat healthy in order to remain healthy.
- Never squeeze the pimples, if you have any, but use a good anti-acne cream to get rid of them. Try a treatment for at least three months to know if it is effective or not.
With the above mentioned day make up tips you can step out fearlessly during the daytime and look absolutely fresh and gorgeous.