Applying eyeliner is one of the most preferred ways to emphasize a woman’s eyes. No matter whether you will use liquid eyeliner or pencil eyeliner you can easily define your eyes and create a classy look. Although most of the women prefer to use pencil eyeliner as it is much easier for them, the liquid eyeliner is also a great choice for the rest of the women.
What is Liquid Eye Liner?
Liquid eyeliner is simply eyeliner that is in liquid form instead of pencil or powder form. The liquid liner is usually designed as a slender tube with a fine brush on the end. By turning the tube on the other end, the liquid comes out in small amounts. It comes in a variety of colors, including brown liquid eyeliner. It also comes in several different formulas.
How to Apply Liquid Eyeliner
The best eyeliner brush to use is a bent one. This provides better control of the application because you do not have to twist your arm in any awkward way. Substitutes would include a straight eyeliner brush or a stiff angled brush or the felt tip wands that usually come with the tube of liquid eyeliner. Make sure that tip of the brushes is very thin so that you have option to create very thin lines and thicken the lines as needed.
- When applying the eyeliner, it helps to pull the skin at the corner of your eye gently with your ring finger. This evens out the texture of the skin at the lash line so that you would have no trouble manoeuvring the eyeliner around natural creases in the skin.
- Avoid putting liquid eyeliner on your lower lash line. It is too heavy for the bottom lids and this way the formula can easily get into the eyes.
- Apply liquid eyeliner after you’ve applied your eyeshadow so that it would last longer. If you’re not wearing any eyeshadow, use it over pencil eyeliner to increase durability as well as to intensify the color. The pencil markings will also serve as a template so that the liquid application is that much easier.
- Drawing one fluid line might be difficult for those who are beginners or have unsteady hands. Draw dashes instead along the length of the lash line, then connect them later with alternate dabs of eyeliner.
- If you find your hands shake too much during the process, prop your elbows on a stable table and apply the eyeliner slowly.
- To make cat eyeliner, that is eyeliner that is winged out at the end, apply your liquid eyeliner as usual but extend the line a little way past the outer corner of your eye. Make a straight line that is almost perpendicular to the lash line. Connect the line to the previous eyeliner so that it makes a triangle at the outer corner. Fill in the triangle for a dramatic look.
What to Avoid
For the best results, avoid misusing the products. Avoid doing any of these things:
- Don’t run water over your brush. These kinds of brushes should be replaced, not cleaned.
- Don’t apply liquid eyeliner over pencil or vice versa.
- Avoid putting liquid eyeliner in the rim of your eye.
- Start with a thin line than apply more to get a wider line.
- Don’t attempt to remove liquid liner with just soap and water. Use baby oil or eye makeup remover.
- Be sure you are not allergic to the liquid eyeliner you are using.
- Avoid putting liquid eyeliner on your waterlines, as it will sit until you blink, where it will then get into your eyes.