With widespread concerns surrounding the negative effects of UV rays on skin, you may be thinking twice about tanning yourself at the shore or tanning salon. Obviously, you will be relying on bronzer to give your face a sun-kissed appearance.
To assure you once more, you have chosen the right way to look great without being exposed to the bright sun. With this easy natural glow makeup tip, you’ll learn how to apply bronzer and achieve a sun-kissed look without tanning.
How To Use Bronzer Makeup
- Using either a contour brush or a rounded face brush to apply just under the cheek bones, then blend upwards onto the cheeks.
- If you have fair skin, look for a honey-colored bronzer; for a medium complexion, choose a rose-bronze or gold flecked bronzer; dark skin is best enhanced with a tawny or amber bronzer.
- Choose a wide, fluffy powder brush with a rounded top. If it’s too small and stiff, it will give blotchy results. If you are going to spend money on a brush, choose sable. Generally natural fibers are best.
- Before you apply bronzer, make sure the skin is dried off with loose translucent powder. This will stop the bronzer from gripping to moisture on the skin, which can make it look patchy and dark.
- Apply bronzer not only to face but also to your neck, otherwise it will create a fake look. Blend the bronzer well.
- Don’t apply foundation instead of powder, because it can make the tan look appear muddy.
- Swirl the brush evenly in the bronzer. A little is all that’s needed. To ensure an even application, tap off any excess bronzer. You can also rub the brush in to a clean tissue to get rid off any excess.
- It is up to you if you want a shimmery bronzer or a matte finish one- shimmery ones will give a nice glow, but it can also emphasize pores.
I hope you will have found these tips to useful. You could also look into makeup advice for summer makeup, and that will give you an idea of what will work best for your darkened skin.