One could argue that the eyes are the most important feature of the face, since we tend to look at them the most. There are a few make up tips and tricks to make your eyes pop. To make them stand out, follow the tips below.
Easy Ways to Make Your Eyes Look Bigger.
If you have smaller eyes, trying to make them look wider can seem like a daunting task, but there are a number of things that you can do to help make your eyes look bigger and more open.
- Apply a highlighter to your brow bone, blend it all the way down onto your eyelids, this will reflect the light and make the whole eye area appear much larger.
- Apply foundation all over your eyelids, apply a little to the mid lengths of your eyelashes too, this will give the mascara a nice even base and make the effect much more noticeable.
- Using an eye pencil draw a line as close to your top lashes as possible on your eyelids, gently smudge with a cotton bud or your clean finger. You can use whatever colour you like, you don’t have to stick with basic black, you can use any colour, lilac looks great with green eyes, green suits brown eyes and brown brings out blue eyes, hazel eyes can wear any color!
- Apply eyeliner close to your bottom lashes, start at the outer corner of your eye and the line should stop at the centre of your eye when you are looking in the mirror.
- Apply mascara, remove the wand from the tube and hold for about one minute, this is a trick used by make up artists to stop the mascara from clumping. Hold the wand at the base of your lashes and move it up gently moving it from side to side, this ensures that all of the lashes are coated. Allow the first coat to dry and apply a second. ( when you are applying mascara, don’t forget your bottom lashes, hold the wand vertically and sweep it from side to side, apply 2 coats.
- Apply a white or neutral coloured eyeliner inside your eyes, this will help to reduce any redness and make your eyes appear wider and more awake.
- Don’t over pluck your eyebrows, if your eyebrows have gaps, fill them in with a brow pencil.
Bigger Lashes, Bigger Eyes
- Mascara is an eye-opening must have! Always finish your cosmetic application with a couple of coats of your favorite mascara.
Black is always appropriate.
- Draw attention to your eyes with eyeshadow. While many women with small eyes fear the added color or contour application, it really is quite simple!
- Eyeshadow brightens and helps draw attention to the area. Go ahead and experiment!
Step 1: Prepare
Apply foundation, concealer and translucent powder over the face to even out the skin tone before starting the look.
Step 2: Eyeshadow & eyeliner
To make your eyes look bigger and brighter, use a cream to powder eyeshadow in a pale, frosty colour and apply over the eyelids.
Work a medium grey eyeshadow into the creases of the eye sockets with a soft blending brush, making sure the lid itself is kept lighter.
Apply the grey eyeshadow along the lower lash line, winging it out beyond the eyes to make them look bigger.
Draw attention to your eyes with a clear sparkly liquid eye liner applied over the top eyelid and into the inner corners of each eye.
For extra drama, try a metallic black liquid eyeshadow applied along the upper lash line with an eye liner brush.
To make your eyes look whiter, use a white eyeliner pencil to draw a line along the inner rims of the lower eyelids.
Step 3: Mascara
Next, curl the eyelashes to really open up the eyes, making sure you get as close to the roots as possible, and emphasise the upper lashes with lots of black mascara, working the wand from root to tip.
Step 4: Eyebrows
Finish the look by brushing clear glitter through your eyebrows to give them a hint of sparkle.
Step 5: Extras
If you have time, you can enhance the eyes even more by applying a few individual false eyelashes to the outer corners of the lash line.