Lipstick is a makeup tool which gives instant color to the face. Lipstick can quickly change your look. Lipstick is the most popular makeup product world over. Lipstick is the only makeup tool which is indispensable as women can not do without lipstick. Lipstick, not only makes the lips beautiful but it also moisturize lips. Some lipsticks have sun protection ingredients in them.
The wrong color lipstick, heavy lip liner and lips that have been “drawn on” are common makeup mistakes that will ruin your overall look. Many women who are unsure of how to wear lipstick skip that step totally leaving makeup looking unbalanced.
For applying the color, stretch the lips and starting at the center of the lip and glide the color to the corners. Lip brushes help you to give better finish to coloring your lips and avoid the application of excess color. A quick way of applying lip color is to use the lipstick to stain the bottom lip, press them together to transfer some of the color to the upper lip and then use the angle tip of the sponge applicator to refine lip edges. For more natural looks, you can try tips given below:
What’s the Difference Between:
These lipsticks usually contain kaolin as a primary ingredient for staying power and give lipsticks a no shine, no grease texture. These lipsticks tend to be drying, but if you’re looking for staying power, matte is a good option.
Long Wearing Lipsticks:
These are the lipsticks that claim to stay all day through the kisses and everyday wear. If you’ve used one of these you know that’s not the case. Don’t waste your money. See below for tips on making lipstick last.
he pigmentation of sheers and stains is not very high. They tend to be more moisturizing then other types of lipsticks.They also tend to wear easy but leave a nice hint of color.
These contain lots of conditioning ingredients such as shea butter. These lipsticks tend to wear off easy due to the moisturizing ingredients in them but if you have dry lips, then go for these.
Choosing the Shade of Lipstick for Your Skin Tone:
When choosing the correct shade of lipstick you must look at your complexion:
If you have fair skin deep, plum reds, berry, wine reds with a blue undertone look best. Browns -light medium browns or beige’s with pink undertones flatter fair skins. Pink undertone lipsticks compliment fair skin very nicely. However, stay away from those bright, loud pink lipsticks.
Olive/Yellow skin should choose rich, deep brown reds and deep, dark berry shades. Stay away from orange/reds and pink/reds, they can bring out the yellow undertones in your skin. Try to avoid pink lipstick at all costs.
Medium skin should use rich, deep pinks, deep reds, rich caramel shades, medium brown with yellow or pink undertones, and creamy coffee colored brown lipsticks. Stay away from browns that are very pale. They can make medium skins look ashy and washed out.
Dark skin should try reds with blue undertones. Also, mahogany, deep plums, wine reds, almost any shade of brown, rich, dark, coffee browns flatter the skin. Avoid orange undertones in lipsticks.
Tips to Get Cute Lips:
Think lipstick is just put on and go? Well, it can be that easy but there are also some things you do to get the most of your lip color. Check it out.
- The beautiful raspberry stain can be obtained by applying the berry color on the lips, blotting it with the tissue and then use brush to apply a second coat of the lipstick.
- The nude bare lip looks can be obtained by using neutral pink lip color that matches your skin tone. Pale colored women can go for light orange color with a pinkish tint while olive skin can use brownish bronze shade. Avoid lip liners as you don’t need the harsh lines. Add clear gloss to the center of your lip and you are ready.
- There are lipsticks that add warmth and volume to your lips and are also have a flavor and perfume of their own. So buy the favorite fruity, candy or other flavors of your spouse for your honeymoon!
- Older women should use creamier lipsticks.
- Orange and brown shades make your teeth appear yellow so until you have that picture-perfect smile, keep them off your lips.
- In summers, you may have those dreaded dry cracked lips. Simply use your toothbrush to get rid of the dead skin gently and apply lip balm generously on them to heal them soon.
- Brown toned lips take on brown shades such as apricots, beige, peaches and cappuccinos better than pink or blue toned lipsticks.