They say eyes are the window to the soul and lets admit it we all want big beautiful eyes. Big eyes are sexy and feminine. One could argue that the eyes are the most important feature of the face, since we tend to look at them the most. There are a few make up tips and tricks to make your eyes pop. To make them stand out, follow the tips below.
- Apply a highlighter to your browbone, blend it all the way down onto your eyelids, this will reflect the light and make the whole eye area appear much larger.
- Apply foundation all over your eyelids, apply a little to the mid lengths of your eyelashes too, this will give the mascara a nice even base and make the effect much more noticeable.
- Using an eye pencil draw a line as close to your top lashes as possible on your eyelids, gently smudge with a cotton bud or your clean finger. You can use whatever colour you like, you don’t have to stick with basic black, you can use any colour, lilac looks great with green eyes, green suits brown eyes and brown brings out blue eyes, hazel eyes can wear any colour!
- Apply eyeliner close to your bottom lashes, start at the outer corner of your eye and the line should stop at the centre of your eye when you are looking in the mirror.
- Apply mascara, remove the wand from the tube and hold for about one minute, this is a trick used by make up artists to stop the mascara from clumping. Hold the wand at the base of your lashes and move it up gently moving it from side to side, this ensures that all of the lashes are coated. Allow the first coat to dry and apply a second.
- When you are applying mascara, don’t forget your bottom lashes, hold the wand vertically and sweep it from side to side, apply 2 coats.
- Apply a white or neutral coloured eyeliner inside your eyes, this will help to reduce any redness and make your eyes appear wider and more awake.
- Don’t over pluck your eyebrows, if your eyebrows have gaps, fill them in with a brow pencil.
- Lining your eyes all the way around will make them look smaller, not bigger.